Complaint Review: Keiser University

• Updated: Fri, August 21, 2009

• Reported By: Roger — S Daytona Florida USA
Keiser University
1800 Business Park Blvd. Daytona Beach, Florida United States of America

Keiser University Keiser College I must assume they are using Sallie Maes playbook to scam students and everyone knows how that turned out. S Daytona, Florida

Unfortunately, I did not find the many negative posts during my background search of Keiser University. I will offer the short form of my experience with this institution in hopes it will assists anyone to make an informed decision. Since I already possess an associates degree from Daytona State College, I wanted to locate a local campus that offered an online program and Keiser University appeared to fit the bill. After a few classes and some student loan discrepancies, I decided the school did not offer the quality in education I am seeking and my health after an auto accident required surgical attention; needless to say I informed them of my intent to withdrawal. Since my written withdrawal, they decided to seek over $8, 000.00 for tuition on bulk classes I did not attend. I guess I just did not dig deep enough to find the schools history of inferior degree reputation and tuition scam. Who would think to ask if they charged per credit hour or academic yearly billing prior to enrollment? This scheme is to lock the student in financially with a death grip. I decided to look for another institution and took one online class at Florida Tech in Melbourne to test the waters. Finally I found the level of quality education worthy of my funds; unfortunately I cannot attend due to the hold on transcripts from Keiser University. Keiser recently sent me an invitation to discuss continuing my degree program but I would rather donate tuition funds to an attorney for legal action to save others from this unconscionable scam. The only classes this school should offer are how to use a system for legal theft. I must assume they are using Sallie Maes playbook to scam students and everyone knows how that turned out. A legitimate school will not conduct business in this fashion; only private schools that scarcely meet the criteria to operate as an institution of higher learning tend to deviate from common business practices. If anyone wishes to pursue litigation against this scam, you can count me in. Attempting to attain an education in this economic environment is tough enough and we can do without another Sallie Mae type financial shakedown.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keiser-University/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Keiser-University-Keiser-College-I-must-assume-they-are-using-Sallie-Maes-playbook-to-scam-483279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keiser University