Complaint Review: Keiser University

• Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: Beth — Lakeland Florida United States of America
Keiser University
1900 W. Commercial Blvd. Fort. Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Keiser University STUDENT LOAN FRAUD DECEPTIVE PRACTICES. Fort. Lauderdale Florida

I attended Keiser University back in 2009-2010.  I didn't realize that on my first meeting with the adminstration counselor, I was signing a contract.  When I arrived for the appointment, James meet me in the lobby, and directed me back to his office.  The first procedure was for James to retrieve my personal information.  I was handed a "Application for Admission", form to fill out.  As I was filling out the form James is asking questions, such as, what degree am I wanting to pursue, was  I employed now, if not, how long have I been unemployed, have I ever attended college, have I ever applied for financial aid in the past.  Several times I asked James about cost and financial aid which, "he replied," It shouldn't matter because you are getting an education.  Before leaving a Financial aid counselor came in," "and said,"  We need you to go home and apply for your grants and loans on line, and at the end of the process they are going to give you a pin, please call the school and give us the pin and we will do all the paper work and give you a total of the program.  I was to come back in on Saturday to take a test.  I believe it was to see if I was accepted.  The questions on this test were stupid.  When I returned on Saturday I took the test and then I was rushed to financial aid telling me the cost, or should I say the lies.  I had no idea how finanical aid worked.  They never told me how much I was getting for a grant or even a loan.  The only figures I saw was around  $12,000 dollars.  I told them I wanted to think about it, but this is the big shocker.  The form that I filled out on my first day, "application for admission," was a contract, thats right I was accepted as soon as I SIGNED THE BACK OF THAT FORM.  I was taken for a ride. How can a University admit you when you haven't even taken a placement test, or let alone applied for finanical ad.  I put my trust into this University for my higher education.  I'm in my forties, and this was the first time in my life, I was able to attend a Higher Education Institutions, to better myself, and to finally beable to buy a house, in a few years. My question is "If you can not trust an Higher Education Institution who can you trust."  This is your future, your way of making a living and these FOR-PROFIT COLLEGES, UNIVERSITIES, CAREER SCHOOLS, OUR DECEPTIVE AND OUR DESTROYING OUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE. THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 05:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keiser-University/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Keiser-University-STUDENT-LOAN-FRAUD-DECEPTIVE-PRACTICES-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-928508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keiser University