Complaint Review: Keiser University

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: Korissa — Satellite Beach Florida United States of America
Keiser University
900 South Babcock St. melbourne, Florida United States of America

Keiser University Keiser College Would not release my transcripts melbourne, Florida

*General Comment: Keiser Lakeland did the same thing to me

*Consumer Comment: Keister Lakeland did the same to me

I graduated, and received my AS degree in Medical Assisting, from Keiser College in 2002.  In 2011, after being employed in the medical field for  9 years, I requested a copy of my transcripts, so that I could attend a less expensive community college to get my nursing degree.   I was in complete disbelief when they informed me that I owed $1300 in unpaid fees, and that they would not release my transcripts until that balance was paid in full!!

They gave me the name and number of the associate that was handling my account.  When I spoke with her, I explained that I had graduated in 2002, and had to pay all fees with the bursar before I was even able to walk for my degree, which I did, and was left with a zero balance!!  She informed me that in 2006, fours years after I graduated, they were audited, and I was not charged enough in 2002!!!  Unbelievable, right???

I am at a loss right now, and have no idea what to do.  I cannot afford a lawyer, this has to be illegal!?!?!?  I am a mother of three, and my husband is unemployed.  My dream is to become a nurse, but because of Keiser, the future of me and my family is on hold!!!!   HELP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keiser-University/melbourne-Florida-32901/Keiser-University-Keiser-College-Would-not-release-my-transcripts-melbourne-Florida-933972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keiser University

#1 General Comment

Keiser Lakeland did the same thing to me

AUTHOR: victoria - ()

I went to enroll in another college in July 2013 and requested my transcripts to be released only to be informed that I now owe $319.00 for 2008. I never got a bill although they claim I received them. However if I enroll to get my Bachelors with them then there is no problem. I feel like I'm being held hostage by Keiser.

Keister Lakeland did the same to me

AUTHOR: Misty - ()

Keiser college in Lakeland did the exact same thing to e. I graduated in 2006. In 2012 I decided that I wanted to go to law school but couldn't get my transcripts because I suddenly owed 6800. They then tried to trick me into going back to Keiser stating that they would "take care of" my balance.  I didn't owe that money. They are ruining people's lives.