Complaint Review: Keith Cole Dba ABC Auto Locators

• Submitted: Sun, July 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, July 20, 2008

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Keith Cole Dba ABC Auto Locators
3140 SR 46 Mount Dora, Florida U.S.A.

Keith Cole Dba ABC Auto Locators Dealer sold me a car, changed his mind and dropped off trade in leaving me with 2 cars Mount Dora Florida

On June 18th, 2008 I (Ronald McQueen) purchased a 2006 Cadillac STS from Keith Cole, President of ABC Auto Locators. I traded in a 2004 Cadillac CTS as part of the arraignment. I also presented to his company representative Laura Chavis a pre-approved draft from Pentagon Federal Credit Union for $20,405. The transaction took place at my home.

On June 28th, 2008 Mr. Cole called and advised me that he wants to back out of the deal completely. His reasons were he did not believe he could get his asking amount for the CTS he took in trade. I expressed to Mr. Cole that I had no desire to reverse the deal and I am satisfied with the car. Mr. Cole kept contacting me stating he wanted to switch cars. He also indicated that he had not cashed the check and he would be dropping off my trade at my house.

When I returned home that afternoon Keith had been to my home and dropped the car off on my driveway and locked it up. Later that evening around 8:20 pm he sent me another text message asking can we now switch keys. He even went as far as leaving me a voice message stating the following:

Hey Ron, um all I want is give me my car back please. Um, you have no legal recourse. Give me my car back. Your car is there, I got your key and your check and Im ready to bring it over. I am not harassing you and there is nothing Orange County Sheriff can do...and if you tow the car its your car. I did not take ownership of the car but...it aint gonna become a legal battle just give me my Cadillac back and its done. Thanks.

(This message has been saved for review)

I asked Keith not to contact me about the car I purchased and advised him to pick up my old car.

On Thursday July 3rd I received in the mail from ABC Auto Locators the keys to my trade. He has also cashed the check for $20,405. The price of the car is $17,000. However, he did not pay off the old loan balance of $15,344.10 per the agreement. I have on hand the Bill of Sale, Wholesale Order, Air Pollution Control Statement as well as the Odometer Statement.

Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keith-Cole-Dba-ABC-Auto-Locators/Mount-Dora-Florida-32757/Keith-Cole-Dba-ABC-Auto-Locators-Dealer-sold-me-a-car-changed-his-mind-and-dropped-off-tr-353511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keith Cole Dba ABC Auto Locators