Complaint Review: Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty, Keller Williams, Miami Beach Realty, LLC, KW Miami Beach Realty

• Submitted: Sun, July 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 03, 2011

• Reported By: Gillian — miami beach Florida USA
1680 Meridian, Suite 101 Miami Beach, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 305 695 1112
  • Web:
  • Category: Realtors

Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty, Keller Williams, Miami Beach Realty, LLC, KW Miami Beach Realty Violated their fiduciary responsibilities by faciliating an illegal transaction and keeping my deposit. Miami Beach, Florida

*Author of original report: Photo of owner, Thomas Toolin aka Tom Toolin

*Author of original report: Keller Williams Miami Beach

In June of 2010, Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty at 1680 Meridian, Suite 101, Miami Beach, FL 33139, facilitated a lease between me and Joan Thompson and Ronald Douglas of 107 Amberwood Court, Longwood, FL 32779. The aforementioned leased condo was located at 7933 West Drive, PH A, North Bay Village, FL 33141. KW were not only the listing agents of this property, their real estate agent, Jack Coden was the designated property manager. Five out of the six months that I lived there, I lived with toxic black mold on seven walls and baseboards. Jack Coden, Magaloof Towers Property Manager, a mold specialist and two others examined the mold and said that I must have it repaired immediately due to health risks. Jack Coden would reluctantly return only some of my subsequent calls in which I was begging him to repair the mold because I had upper respiratory problems. He never had it repaired and wouldn't return many of my calls and emails. Jack Coden was unethical and frequently rude and biligerent with me. He even defended the fact that the owners used a convicted sex offender to refurbish the home for six months prior to my lease. He and KW leased me the property when the owners did not pay their property taxes for five years. The lease that KW and Jack Coden prepared was incomplete and not properly prepared in violation of Florida Statutes. On January 13, 2011, Joan Thompson and Ronald Douglas lost the property due to a tax auction since they neglected their property taxes for five years. They cashed my January rent check on January 14, the day after they were NO longer the owners. The owners have refused to return my $4000 deposit and $1000 of rent for the last two weeks of January when they weren't even the owners. Since Jack Coden and Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty, LLC facilitated the transaction and deposited my deposit into their chosen escrow account with Clear Title, they are also responisible for the monies and must return it to me. They also were th property managers as stated in my lease which makes them even more responsible. I have called the Broker at Keller Williams three times and received no return phone calls. I also left messages with their attorney and designated agent for their LLC only to receive no return phone calls or correspondence. I have left several messages for the other Boker, owner and designated agent of KW Miami Beach Realty only to receive no phone calls. I have also emailed them, including Jack Coden, only to receive no calls or emails. Their actions or lack there of are repugnant.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2011 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Keller-Williams-Miami-Beach-Realty-Keller-Williams-Miami-Beach-Realty-LLC-KW-Miami-Beach-Realty/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/Keller-Williams-Miami-Beach-Realty-Keller-Williams-Miami-Beach-Realty-LLC-KW-Miami-Bea-748634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty, Keller Williams, Miami Beach Realty, LLC, KW Miami Beach Realty

AUTHOR: dissapointedinmiami - (USA)

Photo of owner of Miami Beach realty, LLC aka Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty.

I also called and spoke with the assistant to the south Florida regional manager of Keller Williams, Mark Olesh. He never called me back either. A complete failure from every level of Keller Williams from the corporate office to the local Miami Beach office.

Mark Olesh 727 772 5600

Keller Williams Miami Beach

AUTHOR: dissapointedinmiami - (USA)

All of the following people were left several detailed messages, including a certified letter, by me. None of which repsonded to me:

KW Broker Susan L. Lawson BK 3164367

LLC attorney and designated rep: Steven Baird, P.A. 5981 NE 6th AV Miami, 33136

Listing and buyer's agent: Jack Coden SL 687911 Cell 305 694 3943 Office 305 742 5225 [email protected] Jackcodengroup.com

KW Miami Beach owner/agent: Thomas Toolin, SL 3064437

Miami Beach Realty, LLC aka Keller Williams Miami Beach Realty Email [email protected] Website miamibeach.yourworkoffice.com Fax 305 695 1115 Office 305 695 1112

Attached is a photocopy of my certified letter receipt to them requesting my deposit and pre-paid rents. It was signed by KW on 03/17/11.