Complaint Review: Kelly Bloom , Bloom Works Soap Company LC , Southern Soapers

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2007

• Reported By:Spatacular Alabama
Kelly Bloom , Bloom Works Soap Company LC , Southern Soapers
117 Marcy Drive Yorktown, Virginia U.S.A.

Kelly Bloom , Bloom Works, Southern Soapers , Bloom Works Soap Company , Southern Soapers Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery Yorktown Virginia

We all know who had the company name "Spatacular Body" first.. I have been using it since Feb. of 2007. I decided to SELL the company name and domain name SpatacularBody.com.

As of August 23rd, 2007 .. Mrs. Bloom decided she wanted the name. Registered TheBodySpatacular.com and has not filed for a Trademark for Spatacular.

Here was my email to her ::
Subject: Regarding Spatacular Body
Date: 10/24/2007 3:27:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Dear Mrs. Bloom,
After searching on the internet I found the website thebodyspatacular.com . I was very dissapointed to find who had created this website. If you had been honest with me that you wanted to use my product name, I would have gladly given it to you.

I recently just finished up a month long transaction of giving the website to a lady who was so excited about using the website and the product name. Only to find out you are replicating it.

Honestly, after all the kinds words and help you gave me on selling my domain name I was going to give it to you but after your email stating "people would talk", I didn't offer. I was very shocked that all the while you were planning on using my intellectual property.

I could oppose your Trademark because my product line was Spatacular and I have proof of use since Feb. 2007. I don't have any interest in being in the bath and body business anymore so it isn't a practical option for me. I would rather take my money and invest it differently.

As the saying goes... Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery . So, I would like to personally thank you for going to such extremes to admire my work. I am absolutely flattered such a business woman as you would admire my intellectual property.

So, as a "Thank You". I have decided to give you my domain name spatacularbody.com and I wish you the best with it. I know it will reach its full potential in your hands. long with the domain name, there is 2 free years of hosting at GODADDY.com .

The lady is sending me the domain name right now and as soon as the transaction is complete, I will gladly transfer it to you. You will get an email shorty and it will take you step by step through getting the domain name. It will cost you NOTHING if you accept it through GoDaddy. The "Check Out" process is just to have your credit card on file so if you decide to keep it with GoDaddy after 2 years ... well, I'm sure you understand. But it is a $0.00 transaction.

I wish you the best of luck!

- - - -
As of Oct. 25th, 2007 at 2:40PM there has been no response and I already have initiated the domain transfer. If she refuses to take over SpatacularBody.com I will be letting this domain name go.

Spatacular, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2007 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kelly-Bloom-Bloom-Works-Soap-Company-LC-Southern-Soapers/Yorktown-Virginia-23693/Kelly-Bloom-Bloom-Works-Southern-Soapers-Bloom-Works-Soap-Company-Southern-Soapers-280887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kelly Bloom , Bloom Works Soap Company LC , Southern Soapers