Complaint Review: Kelly Services

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Kelly Services Discrmination due to my Autistic daughter Raynham Massachusetts

*Author of original report: response

*Author of original report: response to Robert

*Consumer Comment: Disrimination

Good Afternoon,

I was employed by Kelly Services for 4 months at the Johnson&Johnson location.

Before I left my supervisor approached me stating that I did a spectacular job at the job I was assigned to do and promised to give me a great reference. I had been having many issues with my direct supervisor; I felt as though I was being singled out because I was the only female employee in the area I worked. I was told on my last day that they had a position avaliable to me in the very near future because I had done in their words such a large amount of work in such a very short amount of time. My recruiter asked me to update my CV and send it to her as soon as I got an opportunity to do so. I contacted my recruiter the following Monday to follow up with her to make sure she received my PDF document. In short, she did. She then immediatey handed the phone to the other Kelly rep in the office. Kathy proceeded to tell me that my boss and my boss's boss had come down to the Kelly office to report that there were "issues" with my job performance. I was flabbergasted. Kathy went on to explain these issues and one of the issues was my discussion of my 8 year old Autistic daughter; I was horrified. When I responded to these allegations I was in shock and disbelief. I reminded Kathy that I had reported I was having trouble with my supervisor; that he was a bully and purposely left me off e-mail's that were directly related to my assignment at hand. And I also stated that being told I can't speak about my daughter because it made my co-workers uncomfortable is discrimination; they as well as Kelly knew I had an Autistic Child. To me this is blatant discrimination at the very least; and the fact that they brought my 8 year old daughter up and identified her as an issue is beyond disgusting. I did my job and completed it successfully. Kelly has not backed me with any of these concerns; in fact they have ignored them. I have reached out to the corporate office in Michigan and initially reached some feedback. As of this date they have no responded. I know what I was told about why I was laid-off; and from the information I have gathered thus far; there has been zero accountability on the part of the Kelly staff I worked with at this location.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kelly-Services/Raynham-Massachusetts/Kelly-Services-Discrmination-due-to-my-Autistic-daughter-Raynham-Massachusetts-1049831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kelly Services

response

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

The result of this entire matter is that I lost a potential position and was dismissed from my duties. Why would they not address these supposed issues with me before my last day. I believe the answer to that is because they knew I would address these bogus accusations whatever they were. Bottom Line I did my job and did it well; what was their strategy in bringing false allegations to light after I left? So I couldn't defend myself that's why. And the Kelly staff very clearly stated that I should refrain from talking about my daughter. Everyone talks about their children at work. Why did they take offense to mine?

response to Robert

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Robert...when i would talk about my daughter in the office no one ever approached me and asked me to refrain of speaking about her. I in fact never knew they had an issue with this until after I left or was laid off of my position. I can't address a supposed issue unless that party voices their problem. And they never said a word. When they spoke of my daughter after i had left the facility to other staff that's when it became a problem.  If it truly was an issue; I was there for 4 mths, I believe that to be an adequate amount of time to come and speak to me about it. There was no excuse for their behavior and if I had never called that Monday I never would have found out about any of it.

Disrimination

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- Where in the world did you get that idea?   You are basically trying to claim that you can talk about anything and everything under the false assumption that if anyone tries to stop you it is discrimination.

What if someone talked about their sexual orientation to a point that made you uncomfortable.  What if someone started talking about political issues that you don't agree with?  What if someone started to talk about certain things about their race that made you uncomfortable?  You can't say that NOTHING will bother because unless you are one in a billion..there will be something.

So that is NOT how it works.  No one has to be FORCED to listen to what you are talking about.  In a closed envrioment such as a workplace as a common courtesy if they were telling you that they were uncomfortable you should have refraimed from talking about your daughter..or at least to the level that made them uncomfortable.

You also don't get to have it both ways.  You can't think that you can talk about your daughter in the office, but then at the same time say that it is unfair that they brought up your daughter.