Complaint Review: Kelly Services

• Updated: Thu, September 10, 2009

• Reported By: Lisa_0557 — Chicago Illinois USA
Kelly Services
www.kellyservices.com Internet United States of America

Kelly Services Kelly Temporary Agency Kelly Serv, after sllowing unemp compensation for 13 months ,automatically renewed 3 times is claiming I am inelligible 4 compensation because I faild to "call in weekly"New Policy? 20 year K. Vet Internet

*Consumer Comment: Most temps quite arbitrary

Following the termination of a one year contract job at Microsoft (through Kelly Services) I was eligible for unemployment compensation, which was automatically extended 3 times without my requesting over 13 months.  (I might note that you can't be a slouch and get a gig at one-year Microsoft...pretty high standards)

Kelly Services is now claiming that I was "ineligible" to receive this compensation because I failed to "call in weekly" for assignments.  Are you kidding me?

I have been a Kelly employee for over 20 years and an no time was I ever told I needed to call in for assignments in order to remain "eligible".   I called the 3 offices around my home only to be told "there's nothing; everyone's cutting back.  We'll call you if we get something".  I have not received a call from them since September of '08.

The result?  I have now been asked to repay the $17,000+ I received in unemployment compensation and they were even kind enough to send me the envelope for me to put my check in.

I have a hearing on 9/14/09 and I am hoping that someone can respond and confirm that, if this is a new policy, it was not broadcast or documented.  All of my paperwork is in storage in another state and I don't have access to documents or time cards (although they arefiled electronically now).

I would greatly appreciate any support of my experience.  Is anyone aware of a class action suit being filed against Kelly Services?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kelly-Services/internet/Kelly-Services-Kelly-Temporary-Agency-Kelly-Serv-after-sllowing-unemp-compensation-for-13-492999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kelly Services

Most temps quite arbitrary

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Regarding this matter, I am sure you have long moved past this, but I am contemplating using a temp staff agency again. My experience informs me most are conveniently arbitrary. It is much better generally to try to apply directly to the source. Unless it is day labor. Any time one submits oneself to their scrutiny and application, if one is in any way professional, they can get personal about it. Especially after they set you up in a swank assignment, however temporary. They can interpret your mannerism as uppity, then they will never find another job for you--as happened with me. Even if you are nice, this happens especially with women it seems. I have a technical degree, qualifications, and references, but they never contacted me back.