- Report: #678586
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Kem Gas
Kem Gas1300 N Main St Fort Bragg, CA 95437 Fort Bragg, California United States of America
Kem Gas false service rates and hidden fees Fort Bragg, California
*Author of original report: rebuttal
*Consumer Suggestion: Free Tank Rental
*UPDATE Employee: Kemgas Rebuttal
We had decieded to use Kem Gas for our propane installation as they had good rates and services, but after signing up to recieve propane services from Kem Gas problems immediatly started.
1. Tank rental: It is stated on there website and on their documents that tank rental fees are waived for the first year with sign up. But the tank rental fees are only waived if you mail in the rebate that took 3 weeks for them to mail to me. No disclosure of there being a rebate for the tank renatl was disclosed.
2. Propane fuel charge: price per gallon was to be fixed for 1 year. On first tank refill the price per gallon had riased by 24 - 32 cents per gallon.
3. Customer service: The customer service in this company was non-existant. If you call the main office that handles all the paper work for all customers, they will send you to the local manager. The local manager will send you back to the main office and each person that you speak to will tell you something completely different. The owner of the company was absolutly rude and was not willing to try to resolve the complaint or even listen to the complaint, his response was "Just because you did hear what you wanted to hear" and accused us of being rude to his customer service person becasue "He did tell you what you wanted to hear". Honestly we wanted to find out why our propane rates went up and that we were being charged for a tank rental, no one in their office could help or even explain the extra charges and were not even trying to be helpful.
4.Hidden fees: We recently called to have our tank re-filled and there was a $120.00 fee attached to our account. After speaking with the branch manager, sales represenitive and the owner not one could tell us what the $120.00 charge was for most guessed it was a tank rental fee (see complaint #1).
5.Payment: They did not disclose that they were unable to recieve cash payments and that payments were only acceptable through a credit card. No other payment options were acceptable.
6. Damage of personal property (push broom) without even an appology or compensation, just a laugh and a "well you shouldn't have left that there" response.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2011 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kem-Gas/Fort-Bragg-California-95437/Kem-Gas-false-service-rates-and-hidden-fees-Fort-Bragg-California-678586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.