Complaint Review: Kemper Insurance

• Updated: Sat, April 12, 2014

• Reported By: Christina — League city Texas United States of America
Kemper Insurance

Kemper Insurance Shady business practices Internet

*Consumer Comment: The ONLY Ripoff I see here is YOU trying to scam the insurance company...

*Consumer Comment: Who's in the wrong?

I had insurance w/ kemper insurance that expired on 11/4/12, husband got in a hit and run at 6am 11/5/12, I renewed our policy at 630am but Kemper won't cover it because it was expired for that 6 hour period supposively! We tried talking to people that worked there even supervisors & everyone was completely rude & did not care to help at all. DO NOT EVER GET KEMPER INSURANCE for not only do they suck at costumer care but when it comes to actual accidents they don't do a single thing to help fix it!!! Kemper practices very shady business and is very scandalous! You'd think after always making my payments on time and my husband being a United States marine corp veteran that fought for our country they do business in, they'd want to help us out more! Especially after having a newborn son 2 weeks ago and that car that got hit is our only car!!! Now my son and ourselves have no safe ways of transportation all because they choose to be selfish and nothing but crooks and not pay for the accident that wasn't our fault!!! Funny thing though they accepted our payment to keep our policy going the same day of the hit and run accident but they won't cover it because they claim it cancelled! If it cancelled you shouldn't have accepted our payment, but you DID!!!!! And btw it's illegal to not send a legal notice saying y'all were canceling our policy so where is my documents showing y'all were canceling it!? Step up a be a loyal insurance company to us like we were loyal customers to you! Fix our car and show you actually care about the people you insure and not just collecting every last penny from them!!!! And if you guys don't I pray no one continues their business with your company and moves it to an insurance company that will help them in hurtful times such as an accident that your suppose to be there for!! I will keep everyone informed as to what Kemper decides to do regarding our claim to keep you all aware!! Thanks!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kemper-Insurance/internet/Kemper-Insurance-Shady-business-practices-Internet-965908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kemper Insurance

The ONLY Ripoff I see here is YOU trying to scam the insurance company...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

All the rest of your rant is irrelevant. The accident happened when you had NO insurance coverage..YOUR fault.

You tried to cheat by "renewing" 30 minutes after the accident.  Who was trying to cheat who?

Your action is almost fraud.

Please report this to your states insurance commissioner and give them the best laugh they've had so far this year.

You gambled and lost..THEY did NOTHING wrong.

Who's in the wrong?

AUTHOR: MyOpinion - ()

Based on the information you have provided there is not a insurance company in the country that would have covered your claim.  You had a lapse in coverage at the time of the loss.  It really stinks and I am sorry for the financial burden that this put on you but as an insurance professional for over 10 years i can assure you that NO COMPANY would have paid this claim.  It is imperative that you never let your coverage lapse because you cannot predict when a loss will occur - that's why they are called accidents.  Check the AM Best ratings of any company if you are concerned about their financial stability and if you feel like you have been legally wronged then report them to the Dept of insurance in your state.  in your situation I don't think this will help because the insurance company followed the policy guidelines and failed to pay because you were in a lapse.