Complaint Review: Ken Hughes, Merchant's Credit Guide

• Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Malden Massachusetts
Ken Hughes, Merchant's Credit Guide
Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Ken Hughes, Merchant Credit Guide Person saying he is Ken Hughes leaves voice messages daily including weekends saying it is urgent to call him. Chicago Illinois

A Ken Hughes on a recorded message leaves daily messages, including weekends, stating call is not a solicitation and urgent that I call. I have upon occasion actually answered the phone when one of these calls come through and no one is able to answer my who is calling or wait for me to speak, recording starts immediately. Also, there is no mention of the person's name they are contacting.

I decided to call the phone number to try to stop these calls. Upon calling gruff person answered, said it was credit collection and wanted my phone number or they'd keep calling me. I hung up.

I had these phone calls for several months and contacted the Atty. General's Office in Illinois to complain. I also filled out a report and mailed it to them.

Because it was several months ago, they do not have the report. They also advised me to contact my state, MA Atty. General's Office, to fill out a complaint form.

While this is a great deal of time consumption, I am hoping not to be further inconvenienced by these people. And now I read additional reports/alerts have been made about this company, too.

Why must consumers file a written complaint on these folks when it is obvious they are a company that doesn't represent themselves in good faith? Why must we still do these things on our own?

Can you help get rid of this company, "Ken Hughes" and these phone calls?

Marion
Malden, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2006 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ken-Hughes-Merchants-Credit-Guide/Chicago-Illinois/Ken-Hughes-Merchant-Credit-Guide-Person-saying-he-is-Ken-Hughes-leaves-voice-messages-dai-212804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ken Hughes, Merchant's Credit Guide