Complaint Review: Ken Hughes

• Submitted: Wed, June 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 21, 2007

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Ken Hughes
223 W Jackson Blvd. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Ken Hughes Harassing, Fraudulent Phone Calls Ripoff Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Just offering an easy solution

It started with just one or two calls a week, but now at least 4 or 5 times I week, I receive a phone call saying, "It is important that you contact Ken Hughes at (888) something. This phone call is not a solicitation." (I never fully listen to the message anymore.)

I've never called them back, because I know they are a collection agency and I also know that I have perfect credit. I regularly check my credit reports/score.

I figured if I just ignored them, the calls would stop, but they haven't. I have been receiving them for over 4 months now! It is out of control and, I feel, bordering on harassment. It is obvious that there isn't any genuine debt that needs collecting because (a) I check my report (see above) and (b) nothing beyond these annoying phone calls has ever taken place.

I wish someone would make them stop.

Kim
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2007 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ken-Hughes/Chicago-Illinois-60606/Ken-Hughes-Harassing-Fraudulent-Phone-Calls-Ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-255830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ken Hughes

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Just offering an easy solution

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Don't answer the call, but call them back from a pay phone or block your number when you call back. That way, they will not get your phone number on call display.
Have you considered they may not be calling for you, which you may not know unless you answer. In fact, if they were truly calling for you, I would assume that they would do more than just leave an automated message. They would be searching for alternate ways of contacting you, or sending you letters and so on.