Complaint Review: Ken Towery's tire and Auto Care

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Rippedoffwoman — louisville Kentucky United States of America
Ken Towery's tire and Auto Care
11300 westport road louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Ken Towery's tire and Auto Care ken towery's tires, ken towery's, Bait and switch,.price gouging innocent people, prime example of bad public opinion of mechanics. louisville, Kentucky

Went in today to have a simple tire repair. Approx. a $10 job that should take no more than 10 minutes right? There were over 6 employees standing around with their hands in their pockets when I arrived so the excuse that they were backed up was a bogus excuse. Garage had three open bays with no one in line. I was told to leave the car which I did. I came back about a hour and a half later and they started their song and dance again. Yes they have done this to me twice before so it is my own fault for allowing them a third shot at me. I am a forgiving person and always give people a second chance. Never again here!

So here comes the mechanic with his clipboard ful lof problems about my car. He stated that in order for him to do the job I would have to buy two new tires, a new set of shocks and a alignment! They wanted almost $800 to do this and refused to simply do the tire repair. One guy behind the counter muttered that nickle and dime jobs like tire repairs hurt their per ticket average and that they sell tires not repair them. What???I wasted over two hours of my Saturday morning to be told that I would either have to spend $800 or leave. I promise you I left!

My previous visit was the same. All I wanted was a change of plugs. They said they needed to do a $1600 exhaust repair and tuneup in order to repair my car. I went to another place and they replaced the plugs for under $200 and the car ran great.

The visit before that, a belt replacement that ended up costing over $350!!Over three times what it should have been.

Having had it uo to my ears with this place I asked for the corporate office number so I could express my complaint with someone who might be interested. They fumbled around stating that they just didn't know the number etc and finally put me in touch with a local manager who gave me the number to a voice mail somewhere.

Needless to say I will not go back and want to warn unsuspecting customers of their practices. I have mentioned the name Ken Towery four times since leaving there today and the response has been the same. "Stay away they are con artists" people say . The public opinion of them is terrible and I would have to agree. Beware! They target women and unsuspecting elderly people here and should be watched closely! My advice is to find another car repir facility. Avoid this place like the plague!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ken-Towerys-tire-and-Auto-Care/louisville-Kentucky-40241/Ken-Towerys-tire-and-Auto-Care-ken-towerys-tires-ken-towerys-Bait-and-switchprice-g-999752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ken Towery's tire and Auto Care