Complaint Review: Kensington Assistance Agency

• Submitted: Wed, February 01, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 01, 2006

• Reported By:FORT MYERS Florida
Kensington Assistance Agency
1357 Broadway, Suite 260, New York, New York U.S.A.

Kensington Assistance Agency grant ripoff New York New York

I received a postcard in the mail saying I was was a possible recipient of a government grant of at least $5,000.00.

I called the phone number, and gave them information that is easily available, my address, d/l #, but, refused to give them my bank account number when they wanted $299.99 for this $5,000.00 grant that I was GUARANTEED to get. Now, nothing with the government is ever guaranteed except taxes.

They kept asking me when I would have the money in the bank and I said it would probably be in 2 weeks. I again refused to give them my bank account number. They know the name of my bank, but I wonder if they will try to withdraw using my d/l #. I am notifying my bank of this so they can flag my account.

I called a different number, 866-316-7146 and spoke with a person that sounded like this is an offshore business. She gave me her name, but it did not match her inability to speak english properly. I told her to take every bit of information on me off the computer and she said she would. I hope she did, but don't believe her, that is why I asked for her name.

Please, do not do business with these people as they will probably not get you the monies that they promise.

Margaret
FORT MYERS, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2006 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kensington-Assistance-Agency/New-York-New-York-10018/Kensington-Assistance-Agency-grant-ripoff-New-York-New-York-174283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kensington Assistance Agency