Complaint Review: Kensington Assistance Agency

• Submitted: Tue, January 17, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 17, 2006

• Reported By:San Jose California
Kensington Assistance Agency
1357 Broadway, Suite 260 New York, New York U.S.A.

Kensington Assistance Agency ripoff, fraud, scam attempt New York New York

Kensington Assistance Agency tried to scam me out of $299. I received a urgentgram that said I could get a free grant from the gov't. I called the number and went along with it and even agreed to pay if they could deliver the grant gauranteed, which they say they can but are lying. I told them that they could take the money in so many days if I decided that I wanted to, but stated that I would call them back by the next day if I did not want their service. I read rip-off report that night and decided this company must be no good and decided to cancel. When I called the next day I got the cancellation department, which sounded like the same guy I talked to before. He was very rude and refused to cancel my order. I told him that they are a fraudulant company if they won't cancel an order that was taken less then 24 hours ago, especially since I had not received any service from them yet.

Basically the guy tried to bully me, but he got pretty aggitated when I informed him that I closed the account from the number I gave him because I was afraid they might try to pull something like this. He still insisted after all was said and done and I had cancelled, that nothing is cancelled. I recorded the conversation and he sounds like a bully on tape.

If you make the mistake of doing business with them, then before they can take your money you need to close the account and open a new one or put a hold on the account until you can close it. They will try to take your money even if you try to cancel. Also, send them a certified letter of cancellation within 3 business days of the verbal agreement. They say you can't cancel and that you agreed to 4 business days prior, but the law states you can within 3 business days of a telephone sale. Document any and all dealings with these people if you made the mistake of calling them like I did. I got lucky because I knew how to climb out of my hole. One last thing, do not sign for anything they try to send you after you cancel and if they send you something anyways then don't send it back, just say you never received anything if questioned. They can't prove it.

I hope this company gets shut-down, because they are bad news.

Frank
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2006 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kensington-Assistance-Agency/New-York-New-York-10018/Kensington-Assistance-Agency-ripoff-fraud-scam-attempt-New-York-New-York-172136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kensington Assistance Agency