sum

Kentucky Fried Chicken - KFC
2600 9th Ave. SE Watertown, South Dakota United States of America

Kentucky Fried Chicken - KFC mass credit card fraud Watertown, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Curious..

Several months ago, I noticed seven charges, totaling over $100, on my credit card account from KFC.  The next day, there was an article in the local newspaper about the fact the local KFC had what they were calling a "computer glitch" which caused their system to place multiple, incorrect charges onto people's accounts.  They took full responsibility and vowed to fix all of the charges.

KFC set up a phone number to call.  I called the number and it went straight to an answering machine.  I left a message and was called back by someone claiming that my charges would be refunded immediately.  After two weeks I called back, got the machine again, and then was told that they would handle it by the end of the week.  A week later, I called again, only to be given the same story.

Meanwhile, my credit card company began an investigation.  During this investigation, KFC told the credit card company that the charges were valid.  Thus, to this point, my credit card company is reluctant to refund my money.

Now, after leaving several messages on KFC's special hotline, I have yet to receive a call back.  They seem content to keep my money, even after admitting they were in the wrong.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only one to face this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2009 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kentucky-Fried-Chicken-KFC/Watertown-South-Dakota-57201/Kentucky-Fried-Chicken-KFC-mass-credit-card-fraud-Watertown-South-Dakota-538746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kentucky Fried Chicken - KFC

Curious..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If this was a big enough story to be in the local newspaper, why haven't you gone to them.  I am sure that someone in the paper would be interested to do a follow-up on how this was being handled..or one might say not being handled in your case.