Complaint Review: Kerry Simms - Paintingcrew.net - Rentpainterstoday.com

• Updated: Sat, January 16, 2010

• Reported By:San Jose California
Kerry Simms - Paintingcrew.net - Rentpainterstoday.com
Paintingcrew.net Nationwide U.S.A.

Kerry Simms - Paintingcrew.net - Rentpainterstoday.com Graphic Designer Abuse Kerry Simms cannot be trusted! Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: $50 DISCOUNT FROM RENTPAINTERSTODAY.COM

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Competitor slandering company name.

Kerry Simms of paintingcrew.net cannot be trusted.

I replied to his cragslist ad, he was looking for a new Ad to promote his company. He replied and said i was HIRED.

Upon sending mock-ups he replied and basically blew me off and stole the mock-ups and didn't pay for them.

He claimed that the mock-ups were bad. He Obviously stole them but played the fool like he didn't know that mock-ups are rough drafts. I have over 10 years of Graphic Design experience, i assure you i know what I'm doing.

The conversation can be seen below. Conversation is in reverse order (most recent message first, so start at the bottom.)

your work is trash BUT i will keep your free designs thanks alot

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Gran wrote:

I'm reporting you.

Have a nice day.

Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: Starving STudent - DESIGN MY CRAIGSLIST AD

your mock ups were some garbage

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Gran wrote:

You said I was hired. You can't just hire me, poach my mockups and then go with someone else.

We had a verbal agreement of you accepting my rates for services rendered.

Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: Starving STudent - DESIGN MY CRAIGSLIST AD

you do great work my friend but i have chosen jorge jiminez from brooklyn his work is a lil bit $

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Gran wrote:
Hello,

It's been 24 hours since I sent you the mockups.

Make sure not to use them because they have a digital watermark.

Have you taken a look at them?

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 9:23 PM

Subject: Re: Starving STudent - DESIGN MY CRAIGSLIST AD

Sounds fine to me I am not advertising this evening

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Gran wrote:

How urgent is this Ad for you?

If you're not busy, I can have a couple mockups ready by late tonight or early tomorrow morning if that's okay.

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 8:04 PM

i can pay paypal

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Gran wrote:
Awesome,

I'll get started on something fresh for you.

Small detail Can you pay via PayPal?

Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: Starving STudent - DESIGN MY CRAIGSLIST AD

our current ad is located on paintingcrew.net
I want to change to Rent a Painting crew theme please see our website www.rentpainterstoday.com
You're hired can you draft up a template you can leave out some details i just want to see what ideas you may have

Respectfully,

Kerry Simms
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Gran wrote:

Depending on how intricate you want the design, I can do it for 20-30 dollars.

Can you send me your previous Ad and what your new vision is?

Then maybe we can shake on this.

Numb3rfifty
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2009 12:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kerry-Simms-Paintingcrewnet-Rentpainterstodaycom/nationwide/Kerry-Simms-Paintingcrewnet-Rentpainterstodaycom-Graphic-Designer-Abuse-Kerry-Simms-459097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kerry Simms - Paintingcrew.net - Rentpainterstoday.com

$50 DISCOUNT FROM RENTPAINTERSTODAY.COM

AUTHOR: Rent Painters - (United States of America)

The said negative listing above can definitely affect our online reputation. Nothing is more frustrating than working to build rapport with a potential client, only to lose the deal when they Google your company name. The above report was done in an attempt to slander our company brand. The person responsible for this listing is obviously a competitor who wants to tarnish our image. As a potential customer please consider the grammar and false claims of this unprofessional person. I would like the public to know that this claim is completely false. The person mentioned named Kerry Simms has never been an employee of our company.

Please give us a call so we can discuss your painting project. I'd like to turn a negative and make it a positive. If you mention that you've read this report, We will offer you a $50 dollar discount on your painting crew for the day. Our prices are already the lowest in the industry. Call us today at (800) 376-4066 for an additional $50 discount. Please feel free to call us for a no-obligation phone consultation.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Competitor slandering company name.

AUTHOR: RentPaintersToday - (United States of America)

I am the owner of this company. I believe one of our competitors is attempting to slander our good name. Feel free to contact us for your painting projects.