Complaint Review: Kery Halevy @ Atlas Relocation

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2003

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
Kery Halevy @ Atlas Relocation
2545 East Sunrise Blvd #127, Ft Lauderdale FL 33304; Box R Us, 360 Southern Blvd, Bronx NY 10454 Nationwide U.S.A.

Atlas Relocation - AtlasRelo And Boxes R Us interstate moving storage scam Ft Lauderdale And Bronx Florida and New York

*Consumer Suggestion: You are the WORST type of criminal - using someone else's good name to cheat and steal!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I know you had bed experience however not all the moving companies are the same.

I recieved an online bid to move my household from Reston VA, store it for a bit, and deliver it to a location in Maryland to be determined. Price was quoted in cubic feet and a month's free storage was promised. A reasonable monthly storage fee thereafter was quoted over the phone but not included in the contract I was sent to sign.

I added the monthly storage quote to the contract, signed it and faxed it back. I also mailed a $100 money order as a deposit.

The movers never came on the scheduled day. Instead, Kery had me on the phone every few hours, telling me the truck was bronken down and it was "coming soon." By 8 pm I was thoroughly distraught. She promised to have a Ryder truck rented special for me the following a.m.

The Ryder truck came the next day, but the 2 movers were clearly not professionals and took all day to load a job that should have taken 2-2.5 hours. They then said my goods were being stored at Boxes R Us in Brox NY not in Maryland.

I became suspicious toward the end of the first "free month" of storage, when I could not find out how to pay my monthly storage bill. (My shipment was actually smaller than expected.) I arranged for a new storage facility in Maryland and attempted to schedule delivery from Boxes R Us, where Kery told me my household is stored. She refuses to schedule my delivery and does not answer my calls. Boxes R Us does not return my calls or schedule my move.

My goods are being held hostage!

Margaret
Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2003 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kery-Halevy-Atlas-Relocation/nationwide/Atlas-Relocation-AtlasRelo-And-Boxes-R-Us-interstate-moving-storage-scam-Ft-Lauderdale-A-71626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kery Halevy @ Atlas Relocation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Otis Campbell - (U.S.A.)

OK - so you say you are a legitimate busines.

1) If you run your business the way you responded to the complaint on this post, then I don't think you will be in business much longer.

2) If you ARE legitimate - then WHY do you use a business name that is CLEARLY intended to confuse your company with a long established and LEGITIMATE company, Atlas Van Lines?

I have been in the same circumstance when a crooked company used a name similar to mine and created nothing but problems for me and people who thought they were doing business with me. I sued, but you know, the snake just crawled under a rock and hid until the heat died down. He had no money to collect, so he WON and myself and all the victimes of this clown LOST. I don't believe for a MINUTE you are being the least bit honest in your dealings with this customer or with your posting. If you WERE honest, you wouldn't be using the name "Atlas Relocation" -

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Kery Halevy - (United States Minor Outlying Islands)

To whom it may concern,

Before you print a story at your web site, don't you normally investigate it???
My name is Kery Halevy, Atlas Relocation president, and I was Ms. Snores Repetitive. Therefore, I really don't appreciate you writing a story that is false!

For your information the general attorney did call me and was saying I know your are not doing nothing wrong, however my job is just to call you because there are moving companies out there taking advantage of customers. Margaret is just afraid of not receiving her good- which she already did!!!

Sincerely