Complaint Review: Kestersonkarma

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 06, 2007

• Reported By:Gainesville Florida
www.ebay.com Internet U.S.A.

Kestersonkarma Silverrein Apropas Auctions LLC Erik Kesterson Ben Anderson kestersonkarma PHONY eBayer! Will not ship! Ripoff Gainesville Internet

First and foremost, eBay was VERY responsive and responsible. They protected me.

I recently bought a tent from ebay user kestersonkarma. I bought the tent from this user despite a recent sign-up date, no other auctions listed, and a zero feedback rating. The auction also did not list Paypal acceptance or any other ebay buyer protection.

I looked around on the internet to find on ripoffreport.com among others his auction company's name - Apropas Auctions LLC - and a description of a guy named Ben Anderson who had a long history of either falsly advertising items or not sending an item after payment.

I decided to pursue it despite obvious red flags because I've dealt with this stuff before and it prevented someone else from getting screwed. After a flurry of e-mails over the ensuing week in which I stalled and altogether refused payment, I received 2 e-mails today.

The first e-mail was from kestersonkarma@gmail.com stating that he was unhappy with my "paranoia" and would report me should I refuse payment. The second e-mail was from eBay support whom I had already contacted saying the auction was cancelled due to suspicious activity and that I should not pay the seller.

Obviously the report on this site that warned me was spot on and I am passing along this story to hopefully help others.

If you ever come across an auction that looks suspicious. Don't pay. Go through the system.

Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kestersonkarma/internet/Kestersonkarma-Silverrein-Apropas-Auctions-LLC-Erik-Kesterson-Ben-Anderson-kestersonkarma-234726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kestersonkarma