Complaint Review: Kettering Hospital

• Submitted: Fri, February 13, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 13, 2009

• Reported By:Centerville Ohio
Kettering Hospital
3535 Southern Blvd Kettering, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 937-298-4331
  • Web:
  • Category: Hospitals

Kettering Hospital Lax Infection Control Practices lead to my being infected by MRSA after surgery Kettering Ohio

As a registered nurse I was employed at Kettering Hospital for over 6 years in the OR. In September of 2006 a new director of the OR was hired. I was advised by this new director in October of 2006 that I was no longer permitted to wear clean exam gloves when I transport patients. In December, 2006 in a staff meeting the Infection Control department of Kettering Hospital further advised that we were no longer permitted to wear clean exam gloves when we transported bags of trash and dirty linens. In May, 2007 I had a hysterectomy at Kettering Hospital. During my stay at Kettering, two different staff members handled my body fluids (urine, blood) without gloves and did not wash their hands. I can only assume this is how they practice throughout their day. If they handled my body fluids in such a totally inappropriate (and thoroughly grotesque) manner, what did they bring to me from other patients?!?!?!? In April, 2008 I had an outbreak of MRSA in my abdomen right in the area where my uterus would have been. I believe the bacteria was introduced into my body during surgery at Kettering Hospital. Their complete ignorance concerning infection control practices has made every square inch of that facility contaminated!!

Mrsasucks
Centerville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2009 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kettering-Hospital/Kettering-Ohio-45429/Kettering-Hospital-Lax-Infection-Control-Practices-lead-to-my-being-infected-by-MRSA-after-423984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kettering Hospital