• Report: #832098

Complaint Review: Kevin Leland

• Submitted: Tue, January 31, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Oliver Santos — Los Angeles, CA California United States of America
Kevin Leland

Kevin Leland Bangari Content Gallery Kevin Leland Stole 37 Articles From Me (Freelancer) NO PAYMENT PROVIDED Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fact Corrections:

I was approached by Kevin Leland to do freelance article writing for his site Bangari Content Gallery. This site is a total ripoff, and Kevin is a scam artist! DO NOT WRITE FOR BANGARI!

Kevin claimed that he could make me much more money for my articles that I wrote than I could on any other website. He tells you about how "spinning" is the wave of the internet's future. This is total BS. Kevin had me download his software called TheBestSpinner - they took my credit card number and said it was only $7 for the software - but THEY LIED - I have been charged over $144 for this software AND THEY WON'T REFUND ME THE MONEY.

I even wrote the articles for Kevin and Bangari Content Gallery, which he said was going to a top tier client and he would pay me once he received payment from the client. I never received payment, and Kevin has sold my content to other sites, so its already published on the web, and i was never paid a red cent. [continued below]....
.....

SO I'm out over $150 and spent HALF A WEEK working for Kevin and NEVER GOT PAID anything. And I'm stuck with his useless thebestspinner software which just gets my articles FLAGGED FOR SPAM!

DO NOT WORK WITH KEVIN LELAND, he is a smooth talking guy who sounds smart but hes just a fraudster, he will get you to do work and then insults you and steals your work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Leland/internet/Kevin-Leland-Bangari-Content-Gallery-Kevin-Leland-Stole-37-Articles-From-Me-Freelancer-N-832098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Leland

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fact Corrections:

AUTHOR: Kevin Leland - (United States of America)

Bangari is a budding co-op. Kevin Leland (me) does not 'own' it. I'm just a founding member.

I'm poor as a shit-house rat, and would prefer to die that way before I would steal someone's work.

The Best Spinner was developed by Jon Ledger, a guy who not only 'sounds smart' but IS smart. I only promote his products, and get a commission on sales.

I think there is a future purpose to 'spinners' in the way of artificial intelligence and voice recognition technology. Many writers are insulted by the thought of using an automated article spinners and think it kills the 'craft' --C'mon, how crafty can you get when you are producing bulk content on colostomy bags? Get over yourself!

The Best Spinner is just a tool, a good tool, for a content producer to utilize in order to make multiple original versions of content. There is a learning curve to it. What I like about Jon Ledger, is that he doesn't exaggerate the usefulness of the best spinner. I follow suit, and tell those who want to use TBS: Garbage in, garbage out. It's not for everyone, and even good writers can get frustrated with it. I enjoy working with it because it's like 'prgraming' or doing a 'word puzzle.'

It's $7 for a one week trial of TBS, then if you don't cancel, it's $77 per year. Bangari isn't even a year old at this time, so how could you have been charged $144.

Bangari has only completed about $7,000 worth of work produced by about 10-12 different writers. We have a complicated pay out system that includes up-front payment, along with 'residual'... We do in fact pay more than most for bulk content. We take work for .04 (USD) per word. We pay .03 per word. 20% goes to whoever in the co-op manages the work. 5% goes into the site itself for 'bells and whistles'

I've definitely been known to insult people. I'll own that. Especially people who piss me off by making false accusations of non-payment. I start people with a small assignment on projects I manage. If they suck, I tell them so. Then, I pay them in full, but don't give them more work. That's only happened once (so I think I know who this is - Linda)... And this person did not write 37 articles. What and where are these 37 articles?

Thanks Rip-off report. You can please some of the people some of the time...right? Negative publicity is still publicity, and I trust potential freelancers that may want to work with us to discern a bogus rip-off report from an honest rebuttal. Do I understand correctly that we are not supposed to sign our name? Why? I think anonymous opinions are worth their weight in nothing. K.L.