Complaint Review: Kevin Thomas & Associates INC

• Updated: Fri, January 14, 2011

• Reported By: Randy — Eugene Oregon United States of America
Kevin Thomas & Associates INC
1700 W Market St. Ste 139 Internet United States of America

Kevin Thomas & Associates INC Kevin Thomas failure to perform, failure to refund, possible plain old liar, Internet

*Author of original report: no success

I would strongly recommend against using Kevin Thomas as a financial consultant.

On Jan. 14th, 2010, Kevin Thomas, by email to me, stated he could provide financing terms in 24-48 hours. This is definitely not true. I submitted my application on April 27th, and it took three weeks of phone calls and emails to receive a letter of engagement. This letter turned out to be worthless. Besides the number of punctuation, spelling, and grammatical errors making it look like it was written by a fifth grader, the financial information within the letter was also in error. After another two weeks of asking for a revised letter without success, on June 4th, I terminated my application.

Prior to submitting my application Kevin had told me verbally the $750 application fee would be refundable if he was not successful. Unfortunately, I do not have this in writing. I do have numerous emails (June 4th - Sept. 22) from him stating he would send it. For a couple months our intention was that he would wire the refund. He even asked for my wiring instructions a second time.

Then after two months of not delivering he said he sent it certified. I find this doubtful because he has been unable to produce a tracking number. He said the post office told him 3 delivery attempts had been made and they were returning the check. No "notice of a delivery attempt" was delivered. The post office said I would have received two separate notices. Then Kevin said he sent it general delivery. Another two weeks go by and still no refund check.

I have contacted the BBB to aid in a resolution to this. I will post the results whatever they may be. I realize he is advertising a low upfront fee in relation to other financial consultants, but from the service Ive seen, its not worth it. At the very least make sure your contract with him includes a timeframe for delivery of services, and terms for refunding the fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2010 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Thomas-Associates-INC/internet/Kevin-Thomas-Associates-INC-Kevin-Thomas-failure-to-perform-failure-to-refund-possible-645857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Thomas & Associates INC

no success

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

The Better Business Bureau tried unsuccessfully to get Kevin Thomas to respond. I pursued filing a small claims action in the courts, but found out I would need to appear in person. My travel cost would equal the refund so he gets away with it. Hopefully this post will protect a few other would-be suckers.