Complaint Review: Kevin Trudeau, Debt Cures Book

• Reported By: Anonymous — Rapid City South Dakota United States of America
Kevin Trudeau, Debt Cures Book

Kevin Trudeau, Debt Cures Book Abuse of debit card information, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Typical of Trudeau

I saw an infomercial for the Debt Cures Book.  I was finishing up paying for 8 years' worth of astronomical medical expenses for two dependents and had very little to spare.  But, a book that helps you negotiate debt sounds like a good thing, right? Wrong!

I called the Debt Cures 1-800 number and immediately received aggressive, high pressure demands to buy other (much more expensive) products before I was "allowed" to hear about the book.  After arguing with the salespeople, I finally gave my information to order just the book.  At the end of my call, I was told that I also was signed up for expensive services with Summer Bay Resorts.  When I said I wanted to cancel my order (because someone paying off hundreds of thousands in hospital bills isn't looking for a timeshare vacation), I was told that no cancellation was allowed until I received the book (in 4 or 5 weeks), then waited till the end of the 30-day "trial" period.  The salesgirl then hung up on me.

I called back again to say I didn't want the expensive vacation package and was told that "Debt Cures is not responsible for the actions of our third-party vendors."  When I finally got the Summer Bay number, I could not get a live person.

Fortunately, my bank's 24-hour line had a representative who was able to cancel my card immediately.  I was advised to put a fraud alert at all three credit bureaus, and did.  I made an FTC complaint.

After many heated e-mail exchanges, Debt Cures finally agreed to cancel my order.  Unfortunately, they sold my info. to many telemarketing lists (after promising during the phone call that they did not do this), so I'm still getting all kinds of calls and mailings from get rich quick scams all over the country.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2010 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Trudeau-Debt-Cures-Book/internet/Kevin-Trudeau-Debt-Cures-Book-Abuse-of-debit-card-information-Internet-572392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Trudeau, Debt Cures Book

Typical of Trudeau

AUTHOR: Beatnikjd - (U.S.A.)

This happens to almost everyone who does business with the ever sleazy Trudeau. He will also sell your information and will bill your debit or credit card as many times as he can get away with. Be sure to check your bills. He makes it virtually impossible to cancel an order and will try to stall until the charges cannot be contested. Hopefully the judge in Chicage can put Trudeau where he belongs--in jail!!