Complaint Review: Kevin Trudeau & ITV

• Submitted: Sun, March 18, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, March 18, 2007

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Kevin Trudeau & ITV
2320 Toughy Avenue Elk Grove, Illinois U.S.A.

Kevin Trudeau & ITV Direct Beware of this infomercial! Cannot Cancel My Order After I Changed My Mind!!! Elk Grove Illinois

After watching Kevin Trudeau's infomercial a few weeks ago regarding his book "The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About", I placed an order by phone. After I hung up, I simply changed my mind and called right back to tell the representative to cancel my order. The rep told me she could not delete the order but that I could cancel by calling their Customer Service number during normal business hours. I tried calling the so-called "Customer Service" number that night just in case, but it was closed.

On Monday morning, when I tried calling, I had to endure the pain of listening to the President's complete ad message on the phone before I was transfered to a rep! A gentleman answered and told me they could NOT cancel the order because it had probably gone through the system. What was funny about this was that when he asked for my name, he could not even find my name in the system yet! I was frustrated and asked him why I could not cancel. He did not have an explanation for me and just said they could not cancel. Why have a Customer Service Department if they are truly NOT providing a service to the consumer?

I immediately contacted the original 800 number I had called and they insisted that I could cancel the order and to email customer support at customersupport@itvdirect.com. I emailed them and they responded I couldn't cancel my order because it hads already been processed and could not be cancelled. They also told me that I have a 30-day trial period but if I return the book, I have to pay for shipping. This is RIDICULOUS!!

I am extremely frustrated with this company! I hope all of us who have been affected can do something about their practices. I told them I was going to report them to the BBB if they did not refund my money. In my opinion, they are unethical and leave the consumer with very little choice to cancel. This is money that is being taken out of our pocket, one way or another!

Maria
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2007 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Trudeau-ITV/Elk-Grove-Illinois-60007/Kevin-Trudeau-ITV-Direct-Beware-of-this-infomercial-Cannot-Cancel-My-Order-After-I-Chan-239596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Trudeau & ITV