Complaint Review: Kevin Trudeau ,Nouveau Tech Secret Society

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 14, 2008

• Reported By:Reading Pennsylvania
Kevin Trudeau ,Nouveau Tech Secret Society
3357 H. Southpark Place Grove City, Ohio U.S.A.

Kevin Trudeau ,Nouveau Tech Secret Society, First I bought like a fool 4 or 5 of Kevin books and then this Seret Society show up, I would like to send these back, but it's too late and I won't get my money back. Grove City Ohio

*Consumer Comment: The problem might not be the author, but the distribution company

*Consumer Suggestion: Cancel Your Card

*Author of original report: Kevin Trudeau ,Nouveau Tech Secret Society,

I ordered like a fool these book from Kevin . I watched his commerical on tv and thought why not try it. It's crap. Then I received this letter for Secret Society book, How to make more money. More less I was giving them my money. I paid out over or about $300.00 to these people. Then when I told them no more, they still keep sending me letters on books and I would like to get all my money back.

I then started checking the internet on this and found other people that were taken in by this same scam. I was not in the right mind when I did this. I don't usually fall for this stuff, but I thought maybe this isn't. Well I found out.

Terry
Reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Trudeau-Nouveau-Tech-Secret-Society/Grove-City-Ohio-43123/Kevin-Trudeau-Nouveau-Tech-Secret-Society-First-I-bought-like-a-fool-4-or-5-of-Kevin-boo-287020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Trudeau ,Nouveau Tech Secret Society

The problem might not be the author, but the distribution company

AUTHOR: Thoughtful - (U.S.A.)

I sat in the bookstore for an hour and looked over 3 of Kevin Trudeaus' weight loss books with a skeptical attitude, then decided they were worth buying. The infomercial had the best deal so I bought them that way.

I did like the books, but I was extremely disappointed in the insert placed in the box about the Nouveau Tech Society. It read completely like a scam and made Kevin's credibility go way down in my eyes. He had a cover letter to go with it so he surely knew what he was doing. If he didn't read the letter they sent with his cover letter, he's a fool.

I ordered my books and have had no trouble with billing. However, a friend of mine ordered one of his books and never got it.

I ordered make-up from another company, Sheer Cover, endorsed by Leeza Gibbons. I got it fine and had no problems. But I found a page on the net full of complaints against this company for order problems: not receiving the make-up, receiving wrong colors, refusing to cancel orders, being billed when no order was placed, rude customer representatives, picking up the phone and answering with another company's name, etc. This scared me and I will not do business with them anymore.

This is beginning to make me think that perhaps the problem with some of this is not the originator of the product, but with the distribution centers that they contract with. It's possible they even use more than one center around the country and some are good companies and some are scammers.

I was thrown off by Leeza because I like her TV show and felt that she was an honest person, exposing scams, etc. This just goes to show you cannot even base your decision on whether you think the person, Leeza, Montel, Oprah, or whoever, is a person of integrity and not just a freak show host. If their distribution center is bad, you will get bad service.

I am beginning to be afraid to order anything.

I will say that infomercials are some of the worst. I had a large health club fee on my credit card and when I called they said a telemarketer had taken the order. I said no way we had ordered that, and anyway, how in the world did they get my credit card number when I KNEW we had not ordered it? The customer representative asked me if I had ever ordered anything from an infomercial. I said yes. She said they got my contact info AND MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER from an infomercial. Obviously, the telemarketer had marked us down as accepting her product when I had turned her down. I remember receiving more than one call about this health club.

So an info-commercial company sold my name and credit card number! What company? Who knows! All we know is the company of the product we buy, but that company may have nothing to do with the distribution center--and they often distribute for several companies.

I say--stay away from anything sold on an info-commercial. If you really want it, call them and find out how to send a money order. At least they can't keep putting charges on your card or debiting your bankcard. But better yet--you were happy without it before you saw the info-commercial. You can still be happy without it. Let's keep our toes out of their traps!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Cancel Your Card

AUTHOR: Janis - (U.S.A.)

It's incredible to be me that this man is still out there, hawking his books. He has a new one "Debt Cures", which is ironic, because he 'takes on' the big credit card companies, when he is doing the exact same thing.

If I were you, I would cancel my credit card immediately. Also, forget the phone calls, you need to put this in writing. Write a letter to the credit card company telling them you contest the charges and to investigate. Keep a copy for youself. And please...be very careful of what you buy off television. Good luck.

Kevin Trudeau ,Nouveau Tech Secret Society,

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

They are still at it. I've been following my credit card here lately and natural cures is taking 9.95 a month off my credit card. I have not bought any thing more from them and they are stealing money from my credit card. I notified the credit card company and they are investigating. They told me to contact them, but no one answers the phone when you call. You are on hold with a voice message, telling you someone will be with you. I was on hold for a half an hour and no one came on the phone. They have no rights of taking this money off my credit card. I want them to stop. Please tell me what I can do? I see how they are making their money off of people now. Beside selling useless books and stealing people hard earn money. I would love to meet this guy and tell him what I think of him and his workers.