Complaint Review: Kevin Trudeau

• Updated: Thu, September 29, 2005

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
Kevin Trudeau
naturalcures.com Internet U.S.A.

Kevin Trudeau NaturalCures fraudulent charges to my bank account!!! Chicago Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Easy to explain that charge

I called Kevin Trudeau's toll free number 800-685-9152 to order his book Natural Cures they don't want you to know about and agreed to a grand total of $39.90 for the book. Well I checked my bank account on line and now I've also been charged an additional $71.00 for which I have no clue what for!! I did not authorize this charge!! I cannot get anyone to answer the 800 number. I am contacting my bank to file a fraud charge against this guys and his company. Do not place any orders over the phone or give out any credit card or ATM card numbers. This is pure fraud!!! Be ware!!!

Monica
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2005 02:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Trudeau/internet/Kevin-Trudeau-NaturalCures-fraudulent-charges-to-my-bank-account-Chicago-Internet-157810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Trudeau

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Easy to explain that charge

AUTHOR: Nunya - (U.S.A.)

The $71.00 charge you saw is probably for $71.40, and is for the annual subscription to the Natural Cures Monthly Newsletter.

Every caller that orders the book is offered this product and is told that they have 30 days after receipt of the trial newsletter to cancel to avoid the charge. If they aren't offered the 30 day review period, they are told the charge is immediate. The offers vary, but it's one or the other. There is one other offer that charges $5.95 monthly rather than the annual subscription of $71.40.

Every single call that they take for orders is recorded. They also asked you for the last 4 digits of your credit card number a second time with some kind of statement that you're providing that as confirmation that you understand the terms of the offer.

How do I know? I'm a former employee of the order house that takes all of their phone orders.

Trudeau has been in jail one too many times and in trouble with the FTC one too many times so now he requires all order house calls to be recorded and archived. That way if a consumer complains, they have the tape backup to show the customer consented. If they didn't, and there was an unscrupulous order taker that put in the newsletter order, that person would be immediately terminated.

I don't like Truduea and I'm not defending him in any way because I think his crap is just that -- crap. However, I do know from personal experience working for the company that does the orders that this is the Trudeau policy. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I left was because I couldn't stomach all of these naive people buying this useless book and having their hopes dashed when they found it out it was crap and there was no cure for cancer or arthritis or anything else for that matter in the book.