Complaint Review: Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures

• Updated: Sun, December 16, 2007

• Reported By:Old Hickory Tennessee
Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures
Internet U.S.A.

Natural Cures Newsletter - Kevin Trudeau - Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures 30 day free newsletter is a scam Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Better Business Bureau? Hahahahaha

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry for your problems

I recently purchased the Weight Los book with the two free books from an infomercial with Kevin Trudeau on his natural cures. I told the person taking the order I didn't want the free newsletter. The charger for the book plus the shipping of all the books appeared on my July credit card statement. In September I received another $9.95 charge and called the company to inquire about the charge. I was told it was for shipping for one of my free books. Then in October I received another charge and then received the August newsletter that I had declined. I am being charged a monthly fee for the newsletter than I don't want and do not receive. The one newsletter I received is certainly not worth the $9.95 fee they have charged.

I don't appreciate being lied to and being charged monthly for something I specifically said I did not want. I have faxed them a letter stating the facts about not wanting the newsletter and told them to refrain from charging my credit card. I also read some of the other reports people have sent in regarding their scam practice and it appears it is widespread. My next step if they do not cooperate will be to report them to the Better Business Bureau as well as the Consumer Fraud Department.

They are turning something that could be a great help to people into a money making scam that no one seems to be willing to stop.

Foxylady
Old Hickory, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2007 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Trudeaus-Natural-Cures/internet/Natural-Cures-Newsletter-Kevin-Trudeau-Kevin-Trudeaus-Natural-Cures-30-day-free-newsl-283850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Better Business Bureau? Hahahahaha

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

If Slick willy Kevin could see that now he would be laughing as I am. People, understand that the BBB is as much of a scam as are infomercials. First of all, they have absolutely NO AUTHORITY whatsoever. All they do is keep letters of complain by people for a LIMITED period. So, do you actually think anyone is going to take the time to check the BBB before buying a product?

People, I know you all can't be too bright since Kevin fooled you but for all future references, file a complaint with the FTC. You can call them or submit an online form. Also, if you have a grievance with a merchant who sent you a product through the mail (or didn't send it), if you also file a complaint with the Postmaster General (i.e. the head guy in Washington) they will come down on them hard. Remember kids, the FTC first and Postmaster General second. OR you can save yourself the time and grief by just NOT WATCHING INFOMERCIALS!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry for your problems

AUTHOR: Kristi - (U.S.A.)

I am one of the agents that take orders for those books. Its a little confusing but maybe i can help you out a little bit.

The offer is as follows the weight loss book is 14.95 +9.95s&h. The books "natural cures" and "more natural cures they dont want you to know about" are free only pay the 9.95s&h for each book. But heres where the confusion comes in:In order to get the 2 books for free(only pay s&h) you have to agree to sign up for the "news letter" which is 30 days for free and 9.95 a month thereafter. You can get the books for free, pay shipping and handling, and then just cancel the news letter within 30 days or your c redit card will be charged 9.95 a month there after.

THATS HOW IT WORKS. Confusing but thats the way it is. I always explain this to customers and make sure they understand so we dont have this confusion later on. Hope this helps, good luck to you and have a wonderful holiday season. Kristi