Complaint Review: Kevin Witcombes Tree Works - Econo

• Submitted: Sun, February 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By:clearwater Florida
Kevin Witcombes Tree Works - Econo
Po Box 4597 Clearwater, Fl 33756 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Kevin Witcombes Tree Works - Econo yard "clean up" and tree removal Clearwater Florida

*Consumer Comment: I Strongly Disagree

*Consumer Comment: I disagree with this report

Terry Witcombe, Pinellas and Hilsborough counties of Florida, comes off friendly and professional with proposal but work is of a sloppy, cut every corner to make a quick buck individual. He has an apparent waste dumping scheme, a cost charged to the customer that he pockets. This boy would starve if he depended on word of mouth! Beware of business flyers left on your door!
Day one, after a long day at the office I arrive home to find my front yard and drive-way COMPLETELY occupied with huge tree branches, leaving only street parking available. Sounds petty, but this was just the beginning, please read on.

Remove and grind tree> Holes were punctured into my roof from falling branches because a bucket-truck was not used to handle removal of the china-berry tree branches from over the house after I instructed one to be used. Because there was no clean up afterwards, I ended up filling 6 yard bags of sawdust and debris from this china-berry tree removal that were left covering my roof, awning and yard. I now have an 8" tall china-berry stump to admire.

Wild hedge/vine growth clean-out> keyword "clean-out" was over-ruled by conveniently cutting everything down into 3-5inch pieces and left there so he didn't have to dispose of it as limps and branches. Nothing was dug out or rooted, just cut down leaving 30-40 2inch sticks with roots poking up through the ground. Again, I ended up filling 7 garbage cans with all this leftover "clean-out".(imagine that, my money saved on disposal going into his pocket).

Hedge trimming> The grown tall hedge trimming consisted of what he was able to reach without climbing a ladder.
Limb and tree disposal> He took it upon himself to "mulch" my unpaved drive-way so he wouldn't have to use the money I already paid him for disposal. This untreated "mulch" are 6inch spikes just waiting to flatten a tire, along with splintering barefeet.
Other mentionable complaints: My AC unit was somehow unplugged; a concrete planter was busted in two; 3 spots of oil spill from his chain saw now stain my porch; my neighbors wood fence was broken in 3 locations; my clothes line had 2 stretched out and 2 broken lines; my garden hose all the sudden sprang a leak; he scared the crap out of my neighbor when he went into her fenced backyard without asking; he used all of MY garbage cans for debree ($$ money in his pocket once again)

clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2007 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kevin-Witcombes-Tree-Works-Econo/Clearwater-Florida-33756/Kevin-Witcombes-Tree-Works-Econo-yard-clean-up-and-tree-removal-Clearwater-Florida-236370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kevin Witcombes Tree Works - Econo

I Strongly Disagree

AUTHOR: Myrangage - (United States of America)

I have used Kevin Witcombe's Tree Works at least 3 times over the past several years and have had nothing but pleasant business with him and his employees.  When I came home from work, I too had brush all over my yard, however, it was professionally cleaned up by the end of the job, including the small pieces raked out of my yard.

His crew did exactly what he told me was going to be done (which was a lot more than I have ever received in the past from other tree services).  He assured me that I would get more than the average tree service provided in approximately 8 hours and I was completely satisfied and impressed with how much work his crew accomplished.

In conclusion, I was VERY satisfied.

I disagree with this report

AUTHOR: Susmil119 - (U.S.A.)

We used this company today, Jan 5, 2008. We had no problems and no complaints. A large contingent arrived as promised at the appointed time. The owner was with them and we discussed all the various things to be done.

They trimmed our Bottle Tree, thinned out a huge oak and did a lot of cleaning out of multiiple years growth of brush.

The workers were polite and worked very hard the whole time they were here. Our 4 grandchilren came to watch all the tree work (from a safe distance) and the workers were polite.

I thought the price was reasonable. they also did a good job in clean up. I have no complaints at all about this company. In Florida it seems everyone is a "tree" man. But I felt these people were very competent.