Complaint Review: Key Bank Of Ohio

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2005

• Reported By:Highland Village Texas
Key Bank Of Ohio
P O BOX 94722 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-539-7900
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Key Bank Of Ohio ripoff Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Interest rates change.

I was late on my August payment because I have been extremely ill, and I just completely forgot. I have been on disability because I have Lyme disease and it is extremely dibilatating and causes me to forget my own name.

Key Bank sent me a late notice threatening to report a late pay to my credit repot, and charged me a $35.66 late fee. But, the late fee, I understood, however on my payment stubs, it states if you send a payment after the 13th of the month, it will cost $17.86 dollars more.

Does that sound wrong or what? They have it clearly listed on my payment stubbs as the late fee being exactly $17.86 more and not $35.66 more. When I first got the loan, the man who I was buying a boat from told me Key Bank was charging me 9% interest, but I found out later, they are charging me almost 11% interest.

I would recomend everyone stear very clear of Key Bank, and never even open their doors!

Thanks,

Linda
Highland Village, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2005 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Key-Bank-Of-Ohio/Cleveland-Ohio-44101/Key-Bank-Of-Ohio-ripoff-Cleveland-Ohio-154184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Key Bank Of Ohio

Interest rates change.

AUTHOR: Eryn - (U.S.A.)

I am not sure if you have noticed but Prime rate has risen several times this year which is why the interest rate on your boat loan probably went up. As for the late fee, it may be that your late fee is based on a percentage of your balance due. Or you may have more than one late fee...call the bank???