Complaint Review: Key Bank

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2007

• Reported By:Circleville Ohio
Key Bank
Nike Dr Hilliard, Ohio U.S.A.

Key Bank AFTER CLOSING MY ACCOUNT I RECEIVED A STATEMENT SAYING I OWED $1800.00 Hilliard Ohio

*Consumer Comment: I Smell Fraud

On Sept. 7,2007 I went into the banch in Hilliard to close my account. The woman had me write a check to withdraw my money and did not tell me that it would take 48 hours for the account to close and supposedly I had checks that did not exsit go through the account AFTER I closed it. Then a month later I received a statement saying that I owed $1800.00 and had no clue was not even contacted to let me know that my account was not closed. I am come on seriously they should have contacted me. Now even after both my husband and I have repeatedly called and tried to get this taken care of they have now reported us to check systems and the credit bureau over something they did. I would suggest that NO ONE EVER bank with Key!!!!!

Stacey
Circleville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2007 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Key-Bank/Hilliard-Ohio-43026/Key-Bank-AFTER-CLOSING-MY-ACCOUNT-I-RECEIVED-A-STATEMENT-SAYING-I-OWED-180000-Hilliard-O-291076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Key Bank

I Smell Fraud

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

You need to get detail on what this $1,800 represents - to me it sounds like someone tapped your bank account and stole money from you. You need to get to the bottom of this and file a report with the bank. Have the bank get copies of the checks that supposedly did not exist and they should be able to see that the signatures on the checks do not match yours. If all goes right, you should be able to recover that amount and put your account back at or near zero.

Best of luck to you.