Complaint Review: Kia Big Red Sports and Imports

• Updated: Mon, May 27, 2013

• Reported By: chelseaj — YUKON Oklahoma
Kia Big Red Sports and Imports
418 N Interstate Dr Norman, Oklahoma USA

Kia Big Red Sports and Imports Took back a car I purchased, and HAS YET to return downpayment. Norman Oklahoma

I went to Big Red Kia a few weeks back in hopes of finally purchasing a vehicle. I kept hearing their ads on the radio and checked out their website and found some awesome deals. So I took a trip to Norman (I live in Yukon) and talked with Dave, I let him know from the very get go that since I am young I have ZERO credit, I work two jobs, and have NO ONE to cosign for me. He let me know that it would be no problem, the financing guys there ran my credit found it to be zero and pulled a couple cars around for me to drive and choose from. I chose a nice 2009 pontiac G5, I told them I would be back the next day to talk numbers and get it all squared.

The very next day I took the trip to Norman again to purchase the car. After waiting 15 minutes for Dave, he pulled my chart and said he'd be right back from financing. I waited another 20 minutes and some other guy came up and asked me how much my downpayment was, I let him know 1000. He said that wouldn't be enough with my credit. So I raised up to 1200, which was apparently fine... but I wasn't told that until sitting alone in the lobby for AN HOUR without anyone to check on me. I finally had to get up and asked if I was even being helped anymore. After rudely being put off by the guy who asked about my down payment. Another dealer swooped in, I let him know of my ZERO credit and having NO cosigner and it WAS NOT A PROBLEM. I ended up purchasing (or so I thought) the G5. I went through financing with a man named RT. He was really great at first, let me know Tinker Credit was giving me the loan and squared away my payments, took 1000 dollars out of my bank account and then let me sign all my papers.

I was so happy to finally have a car that I had purchased on my own, being 20, it was a really happy moment for me. I flaunted around in the new car for almost a week, until I recieved a call from Big Red saying I needed to return the car because I didn't have a cosigner and I wouldve needed one to have purchased the car. Quiet furiously, I asked why this was not brought up when making the deal and that it was all fine when I was there and letting everyone who helped me know that I had no cosigner. He apologized very unapologetically and said I'd either need a cosigner or would have to retrun the car.

The next day, I called and let them know there was absolutely no way I could get a cosigner for the vehicle and It was impossible for me to get off of my job to drive the car back to Norman. So they said they'd come get the car at my work place.... which they did.

The most upsetting part is that it is now been over 2 weeks and I HAVE NOT HAD MY $1000 RETURNED TO ME. I've called numerous times and get either hung up on, transfered to voicemail, leave messages with no return calls. I finally got ahold of someone on May 22, 2013 and let them know abou it, he apologized and said he'd return it back to me. He took my card number and it's now been a week later and I have no transaction for the deposit. I plan on still calling and harrassing Big Red until I recieve the money that I paid for a car that is no longer in my possession.

I'm furious at the disgusting way Big Red Kia does business and I HIGHLY encourage others to not do business there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 09:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-Big-Red-Sports-and-Imports/Norman-Oklahoma-73072/Kia-Big-Red-Sports-and-Imports-Took-back-a-car-I-purchased-and-HAS-YET-to-return-downpa-1054249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia Big Red Sports and Imports