Complaint Review: Kia Dealership of Chantilly VA

• Updated: Tue, August 24, 2010

• Reported By: Nan — Virginia United States of America
Kia Dealership of Chantilly VA
4105 Auto Park Circle Chantilly, Virginia United States of America

Kia Dealership of Chantilly VA Wouldn't stand behind their used car they sold me after only 5 weeks! Chantilly, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: LOOK

Please beware if you are considering purchasing a car from this company.  I purchased a used car on July 5 and only 5 days later discovered that I had no break lights.  They fixed if for me "as a courtesy".  Wasn't that nice of them?!

A couple of days ago, my car wouldn't start.  After jump starting it, I was able to get to work.  (1 hour away).  When I tried to start it that evening, it again had to be jump started.

Kia claims they did a "gold check" on it and everything was working when I purchased the car.  I think the only gold check they did was looking in the seats of the car for gold perhaps.

They wanted $229.95 to repair it.  They claimed that "wear and tear" of the batter wasn't covered under my warranty.  Seriously - a car I've owned for 5 weeks and made one payment on and you are going to charge me $229.95 for a "defective cell" in the battery?

This is crazy.  If it's defective, then I didn't make it that way by "wear and tear".  What a rip off.  I'll never take my car there again for service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2010 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-Dealership-of-Chantilly-VA/Chantilly-Virginia-20151/Kia-Dealership-of-Chantilly-VA-Wouldnt-stand-behind-their-used-car-they-sold-me-after-on-634114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia Dealership of Chantilly VA

LOOK

AUTHOR: kingsizepops - (United States of America)

Implied Warranties Virginia laws say that a dealer has implied obligations, such as the soundness of the vehicle. In some states, however, dealers can get around implied warranties by selling the vehicle "as is."

Did you read the Byers guide?