Complaint Review: Kia Motor - Kia Of Scottsdale

• Submitted: Sat, October 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 06, 2007

• Reported By:cave creek Arizona
Kia Motor - Kia Of Scottsdale
kia.com Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Kia Motor - Kia Of Scottsdale Undisclosed secrets revealed! Scottsdale Arizona

*Author of original report: LEMON LAW

I own a 2004 Kia Optima. When i bought it from Mark Mitsubishi/Kia, it was i good condition, had 22K. The dealership told me it had one owner, and drove to Washington and back. With their information, the price was good, so i bought it. I purchased the vehicle in 2005.

After a driving the vehicle up to 39K, then engine snapped the #2 cylinder rod through the bottom and the oil pan. Kia of Scottsdale accepting the vehicle under the warranty. Low and behold, i come to find out that the vehicle was once a rental car through Enterprise in CA. Being that i was the second with MANY different other people driving it, and that it once was a commercial use, my warranty is cut in half. My warranty is NOT 10yrs/100K, its 5yrs/60K. Ok, i am still covered, good. That was the only good out of this horrible experience, being covered under warranty.

The truth is no good came from it. When the replace my engine, they only did a small blocked and replaced all the orignal parts, inlcuding the motor mounts. After they had it for more than over a week (16 days), and i finally get it back. I was told it wasn't the original engine, the serial number didn't match and it had scrapyard writing on it. WOW! This is KIA telling me this, where i bought it from KIA. This thing is tight, very loud under acceleration, then it started to leak oil. This happened within a day or two. So i looked under the hood, needless to say at the time i was working at an auto shop. My timing cover wasn't properly sealed and the engine wasn't repaired properly. They documented they drove like 47 miles, but the invoice only says one mile. While i was driving it back, my power steering failed. Well they had it back again to do re-warranty work.

I wasn't eligable for renatal/loaner car. Which was odd, apparently KIA doesn't do that, unless it is under warranty warranty work and held over more than 24hrs. When i dropped off my car the first time(actual first time was towed in, due to the engine malfunction) i had to find a ride all the down to Scottsdale & Mcdowell from Cave Creek.

I will be brief on my experiences with the vehicle and KIA. Whereas i had made numerous visits back to them. I had only ONE oppurtunity to get a loaner/rental car because the service advisor felt bad. Well Harry the service manager didn't feel bad at all. In fact didn't care about me at all, because his tech that work on it is the finest one he has. He has said stuff to me that is unreal, but true. Especially when he told me it was my fault. (Yeah, my fault buying a KIA) One time i brought it back because it was misfiring and i checked it out myself and found that #1 cylinder was the problem. I have told him i work in an autoshop and took a look at it. He then tells me that it possibly might be the fuel injector for that cylinder, he doesn't know because the car wasn't in running condition. He forgot that my car was still under warranty He then tells this County Attorney i inquired questions about that "i crossed the wires on the #1 and #6 cylinder and thats why it was shaking, we didn't do that. My master tech doesn't do that, and follows through his work and we always hook it up to the scope." Funny thing was, all i did was hook the scanner up to it and read the code that was stored on the computer. As far as them always putting it on the scope, there is no documentation of that report, doesn't exist. In fact, this guy lies so much just to cover his trails. He is never at that shop, unless there is a problem, in this case, me! Well this cars' value depreciated in a matter of 2-3 months. I cannot sell this car.

Here is an out line of what happen:
1)OIL LEAKS
A)Crankshaft Seal fixed
2)Engine mishaps
A)Vehicle smokes after driving more than 30 miles.
a)3/28/07 - 12 days
B)Temp guage rises to "H" when driving the vehicle in the city.
a)3/28/07 - 12 days
C)Timing cover not sealed properly and still not.
b)3/28/07 - 12 days
D)Engine very loud whild driving and under acceleration.
c)4/9/07 - 1 day
E)Endless problem with the power steering unit.
a)12/19/06 - 1 day
b)3/8/07 - 14 days
c)3/28/07 - 12 days
d)4/9/07- 5 days
e)5/07- 1 day

The vehicle is very unsafe to drive on the road, don't know what could happen next. KIA wouldn't do anything for me at all with the problems. I have a power steering that keeps failing. I haven't returned back to them, because i am tired of driving all the way down there. They actually had the nerve to return the car to me dirty, i mean dirty, like it was ran through the mud patch. Also from the past oil leaks and power steering leaks, the under carriage is soaked, inlcuding the fuel tank. I was treated unfairly by these people and i am stuck with car, unless i trade it in. I want to, but then KIA will win. I don't want them to get away being sneeks and crooks. They destroyed my car and tell me its my fault.

Paul
cave creek, Arizona

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on KIA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2007 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-Motor-Kia-Of-Scottsdale/Scottsdale-Arizona/Kia-Motor-Kia-Of-Scottsdale-Undisclosed-secrets-revealed-Scottsdale-Arizona-277508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia Motor - Kia Of Scottsdale

LEMON LAW

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Arizona Lemon Law only exist to the original purchasee. There i am not eligable, but if you read more there is something about auto repair shops repairing the same problem numerous times and something should be done. Well nothing has been done and i have contacted a bunch of different kind of attorneys. I guess i was looking for the wrong ones. I did find one source, and they were only able to get $3K from them. I am not satisfied with that and thats all they can do. I want justice! I want these crooks punished and penalized. I want to sue them, but no one wants to try. KIA is ridicoulous, they trap you by saying the "WARRANTY", but never disclose the need to know information on your purchase. They worry about it down the road, all they car is for the sale. I was used, and i shouldn't have to take that, epsecially my vehicle being very unsafe to drive and unsafe for the environment.