Complaint Review: Kia Motors America

• Updated: Fri, November 26, 2010

• Reported By: pacopico — Seattle Washington United States of America
Kia Motors America
111 Peters Canyon Road Irvine, California United States of America

Kia Motors America KIA 2009 Borrego = LEMON - Kia refuses to honor Washington State Lemon Law! Irvine, California

I purchased a new 2009 Kia Borrego in 2009.  5 months later it started making a popping noise from the passenger side floor board area.  Took the car to the dealer four times for this problem, every time they replaced some minor part.  On the fourth try they told me the car needs a new FRAME!!!!  The car only has 20K miles, never in an accident, dealer serviced etc.

I called Kia to discuss lemon law repurchase, and they wanted to weasel out of all the charges denoted in the Washington State Lemon Law pamphlet.  After a month of negotiation they finally agreed to a reasonable $ amount (less the cost of me providing alternate transportation for the over 50 days that the vehicle was out of service) so I took the offer as I knew it was all I could get them to agree on.   Three weeks after signing the paperwork I got a call from the Dealer stating that the car was "all fixed" and they "replaced the frame at their body shop".  I NEVER APPROVED THE REPAIRS!!!  I specifically told the dealer and Kia in writing and verbally that I would not accept the car back with a "new frame" as it is a safety issue for them to perform this repair practice.

I called Kia to complain (again) and the regional VP said that there was nothing I can complain about, and they can repair the car if they want to, as it is under warranty. The issue is now that I cannot prove the case to Washington State when I have to go to arbitration.

Do not buy a KIA - they are a dishonest organization that profits by screwing the consumer.

FYI: I have previously worked in the auto business and sold commercial vehicles, I know how the game works, and these guys are slime.  I will never buy a car from Kia/Hyundai again, and since I am the "car guy" in the family, rest assured no one else in the family will buy from them either!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2010 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-Motors-America/Irvine-California-92606/Kia-Motors-America-KIA-2009-Borrego-LEMON-Kia-refuses-to-honor-Washington-State-Lemon-665738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia Motors America