Complaint Review: Kia Motors Finance

• Updated: Thu, June 26, 2014

• Reported By: Doug — Whitehall Pennsylvania
Kia Motors Finance
Nationwide USA

Kia Motors Finance Lease End Disposition Fee - Told Didn't Need to Pay & Then 2 Months Later Wanted Full Payment in 15 Days Dallas Texas Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Because Its a FLEASE!

Recently I lost my job and was leasing a Kia Forte Koup and paid each month on time for the ful term.  I don't do much driving so the car had less than 2 years of milage.  When I turned it everyone at the car lot couldn't believe how nice the car looked.  I told the salesman my situation and how I bought a $3000 used car to get by for awhile until I knew more on what the future help for me.  He in turn said there probably wouldn't be a disposition fee because of how nice the car looked.  I said thank you and when things turn around I hope to be back!

So almost two months go by and in the mail a bill for a $400 disposition fee plus $36 in taxes (which are not disclosed what they're for?)  and the they wanted full payment in 15 days.  I called and of course KIA & KIA Leasing are two different companies - so what the salesman says means nothing.  I discused my situation and I even offered to pay $100/month till it's paid off.  They told me the best they could do is 60-days from the billing date or it goes to collection.

Thanks for nothing.  Kia leasing obviously doesn't care about good customers and I'm never going back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2014 03:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-Motors-Finance/nationwide/Kia-Motors-Finance-Lease-End-Disposition-Fee-Told-Didnt-Need-to-Pay-Then-2-Months-La-1157590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia Motors Finance

Because Its a FLEASE!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

What governs the transaction is the contract.  Often times in a CAR FLEASE (where you are the one who gets sheared) you will indeed find a back-end bogus, phoney fee called "disposition".  Then on top of that is the "excess wear and tear" fee which is almost always greatly exaggerated because its a CAR FLEASE.  When you signed the contract, you gave them a BLANK CHECK to charge you whatever they wanted calling it "excess wear and tear".  That's why its a CAR FLEASE and is NEVER, EVER a good deal for the consumer.