whereby

Kia of Somersworth
375 Route 108 Somersworth, New Hampshire United States of America

Kia of Somersworth NOT TO BE TRUSTED Somersworth, New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: Additional Recommendations

*Consumer Comment: Six hours?

My husband and I purchased 2 vehicles in one month. It took about six hours for each sale. During the first purchase, the owner was very helpful; we were totally happy with the sale. Kia even went out of their way to handle the sale of my trade-in, of which, I had provided a buyer.

We let the salesperson know we were interested in buying another Kia of the same model, with the same options. We were told they would contact us when they found such a vehicle. At the end of the month, we were told the vehicle we were looking for was in their lot. We knew what we could afford for monthly payments on this second vehicle. After learning what the payments would be by financing the vehicle, we decided to look into leasing rather than purchasing. Upon leaving the dealership, we noticed this was not the vehicle we were looking for. We went back to the dealership and told them to cancel the order because of that fact. The owner of the dealership told us he would add the missing options.

The owner is very difficult to understand and omits information you, as the buyer, need to be aware of. When we realized the actual price we are leased the car for was different from the price we were quoted for purchasing the vehicle, we were informed that when a vehicle is leased, it is leased at the SRP; a fact the owner neglected to tell us when we leased the vehicle. After six hours of working with the dealership, we were pretty worn out. We did not notice the difference in the selling price; we had been convinced we were getting a better deal because the monthly payments were lower. We discussed returning the vehicle or getting out of the lease. You gave my husband more money for the trade-in. You asked if we were both happy. I stated as long as my husband was happy, I was.

When we returned to your location for some service work on one of the vehicles, we spoke of the difference of the feel in the ride of both Sorentos; my vehicle has tighter steering and a smoother suspension. My Kia has the convenience package, my husband's does not. The owner and the service manager both stated that there was no difference in the steering or the suspension.

My husband continued to complain about buying the vehicle. I figured, in time, he would get used to it. Six months later, he is still not happy. I am wondering if there is anything at all we can do to resolve this situation. I have sent a message to the owner requesting something be done. In the meantime, I am looking into other avenues of getting my husband a vehicle he is happy with. Every day, I hear how unhappy he is with his Sorento and how he wishes he had just turned around and walked away when we found out the vehicle we were called in about was not the vehicle we were looking for. We were told we would get an incredible deal because they needed to get one more sale to reach their numbers for the month. Incredible regret is what we ended up with. Not buyer's remorse; we are totally happy with my vehicle. If the second vehicle was the same as we were told it was, we would be totally happy with the second purchase as well. The entire lease has left us with a very bad feeling. We are not happy at all. I hope there is something that can be done to resolve this without us losing our shirts. We have been left in a bad situation by buying/leasing with Kia of Somersworth. I wish we had never gone there.

While trying to see what other arrangements can be made if Kia of Somerworth will not resolve this, the people we were speaking with cringed when I told them where we bought the Kias. I guess the owner has quite the reputation. I told him I thought the dealership takes so long with the sale just to make people tired and confused, they agree with just about anything they say to get out of there. I have known the gentleman I am working with for over 20 years. He has know the owner of Kia of Somersworth for many years, even told me his name. He told me that the way I feel is exacty the way they do business. This is not a way to do business. We will no longer do business with Kia of Somersworth; will not send our friends nor family there to purchase cars. If you do business with Kia of Somerworth, watch your back. This is the type of dealership that gives auto sales people a bad reputation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-of-Somersworth/Somersworth-New-Hampshire-03878/Kia-of-Somersworth-NOT-TO-BE-TRUSTED-Somersworth-New-Hampshire-938050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia of Somersworth

Additional Recommendations

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"If you do business with Kia of Somerworth, watch your back."

Additional recommendations would include test-driving a vehicle before purchase and reading the agreement prior to signing.

Six hours?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You were at the dealer for six (6) hours per car?  Six hours?  Really? and you still didn't get the car your husband wanted?  Didn't he drive it before he bought it?

What do you expect them to do now?

You fell right into their trap.

If everything wasn't completed within an hour you should have walked out.  You LET them wear you down.