Complaint Review: Kia of the Bronx

• Updated: Sat, December 17, 2011

• Reported By: paul — bx New York United States of America
Kia of the Bronx
3820 Boston Rd Bx New York 10469 Internet United States of America

Kia of the Bronx Refused to honor capital one auto loan check becuase that interest rate was lower than their interest rate. Internet

*Consumer Comment: keep shopping

I recently went to Kia of the Bronx to purchase a 2008 Mazda. After agreeing on the internet price of $14777, I left a deposit of $70 to hold the vehicle. Later during the week I met with the finance manager Cesar. After running my credit, he came up with a high interest rate due to the fact that my credit wasn't in the best shape. The bank that he used was Capital One. I then went on my own to apply for a blank check thru Capital One Auto Finance and I was approved at a substantially lower interest rate than what I was originally approved for. On the day I went to take delivery of the vehicle, I presented the check. I was told that the check was no good, it was a draft check, and that Capital One might not honor it. Now this is strange since after speaking with customer service from Capital One and using the dealer locater, I learned that this dealership is on the list for Capital One blank check program. It was obvious that they weren't going to make the money that they would normally make on me with their financing, so they refused to honor the check, a legitimate check.I eventually took back my deposit and left the premises. As a hard working consumer, I find it unfair that something like this should occur to me or anyone. I just want my story to be heard and let others know of these unfair business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2011 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kia-of-the-Bronx/internet/Kia-of-the-Bronx-Refused-to-honor-capital-one-auto-loan-check-becuase-that-interest-rate-810858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kia of the Bronx

keep shopping

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"After agreeing on the internet price of $14777"

You can always (as in ALWAYS) purchase a vehicle for less than the advertised price. If they don't want your money then shop around. December is the best month to get a good price from a dealer.