Complaint Review: Kids Model LLC Also Known As KIDS.COM

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2007

• Reported By:New Lenox Illinois
Kids Model LLC Also Known As KIDS.COM
343 Passaic Ave Fairfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

Kids.com Kids Model LLC Kids Model LLC Also Known As KIDS.COM Or Justourkids.com Kids.com Kids Model LLC Kids Model LLC also known as KIDS.COM or justourkids.com Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Kids.com is in bankruptcy

My daughter and I took my grand daughter to kids.com office in IL and were told what everyone else hears. We were promised pictures, jobs etc. My daughter asked for my help in paying for it. I told her as long as she paid me back. When we left we talked a bit but knew we had 3 days to change our mind. We called within 2 days and no one answered the phone and my daughter left messages but heard nothing back. When I got my credit card bill I disputed the charges with my credit card company. Here I thought that American Express would deal with the fraud that I complained about and would not pay kids.com. The investigation took a few months then I heard back that they would not do anything about it. Well, I guess we better at least get the pictures taken I told my daughter (who is leaving for Afghanistan this month to go fight in the war) anyway I called the photographers that Kids.com told me to use Images Photographics in Highland In. (219)972-3322 and they said they have not done business with kids.com for a while now because they never got back to them.

I then decided to call kids.com in NJ again at 973-575-7300 their customer service number since I could not get a hold of the IL office

Today Oct 9th I called my credit card company again and filed another dispute against kids.com and asked them why didn't they do anything and they said that kids.com is their customer too. Well, I am ticked off since I got ripped off.

Kids.com is a rip off, they ripped us off, we never got photo's and they did not fullfill any part of their part of the contract. We called to cancel within the 3 days but they did not answer we left messages but never heard from them. I disputed this with my credit card company and they did nothing. I never signed a contract my daughter did this for her daughter but she is now being deployed to afghanistan and cannot afford to be ripped off.

Pauline
New Lenox, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2007 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kids-Model-LLC-Also-Known-As-KIDSCOM/Fairfield-New-Jersey-07004-2003/Kidscom-Kids-Model-LLC-Kids-Model-LLC-Also-Known-As-KIDSCOM-Or-Justourkidscom-Kidscom-278004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kids Model LLC Also Known As KIDS.COM

Kids.com is in bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Liz - (U.S.A.)

Pauline,

Sorry to hear that Amex is not helping you, but they should since kids.com is out of business and has filed for bankruptcy. Their court date is for October 11, 2007. I would suggest that you get on Amex's case to reverse the charge since kids.com is no longer in business. If they pay kids.com it would be under false pretenses thus making Amex liable for taking your money! The bankruptcy was filed in New York and is case #0722139. Go to the website: nysb.uscourts.gov for further information.

Good Luck! I hope you get your money back!