muscle

• Reported By: rummy2 — Washoe Valley Nevada United States of America
Kids R Kids Reno, Nevada
9410 Double Diamond Parkway Reno, Nevada United States of America

Kids R Kids Reno, Nevada KRK Charged for Family Emergency Reno, Nevada

I took my son here based on a recommendation by a friend. After attending for one week we had a family emergency for which we had to leave town. I spoke with an employee in person before we left and informed them we had an emergency out of town and we would be gone for two weeks , she informed me she would speak with someone to find out how to handle the situation and for me to call back the following day. I did as asked and she was unavailable at the time so I left a message and was told she would call me back, she never called back.

After we had been away for two excessively stressful weeks I again called Kids R Kids and asked to speak with the same employee and again she was unavailable but I could leave a message and she would call me back. The receptionist was fully aware of who I was and I told her that our relative had had major surgery and was going to be in the hospital recovering, could be as long as a month and that I needed to be there to help, I also expressed concern about leaving them hanging, she informed me she would let the employee know and she would call me back, again no returned call.

When my son and I returned home after the month there was a bill in the mail for the missed preschool days at Kids R Kids, strictly stating please pay ASAP.  When I called and spoke with the owner she was very callous and unempathetic and told me they had heard nothing from me other than we had had a family emergency and she had a business to run (in short). I told her I had called and tried to keep the facility in the loop and that no one had returned my calls or informed me of what the situation was on their end, she again informed me she only had info saying we had a family emergency and that we had not been there for two months (not true) and that if I had unenrolled my child I would be responsible for the same amount just like a gym.

Honestly I could say more about how unconcerned and rude  the owner was but the bottom line is, my experience with Kids R Kids is that they are incredibly unprofessional and only concerned with their pay check (my child was just a number), not an environment of working together and for sure not the environment I want for my son.  So for my family experiencing a family emergency we are responsible for paying Kids R Kids 130.00 for unattended days, which it's my belief in a family emergency situation it is illegal in our state for even an employer to penalize an employee for family related emergencies if they had been made aware of the situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2012 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kids-R-Kids-Reno-Nevada/Reno-Nevada-89521/Kids-R-Kids-Reno-Nevada-KRK-Charged-for-Family-Emergency-Reno-Nevada-853879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kids R Kids Reno, Nevada