• Report: #132079

• Submitted: Sun, February 20, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 16, 2005

• Reported By:Levittown Pennsylvania
Kids.com Aka Justourkids.com
411 Route 70 E. Cherry Hill Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

Kids.com Aka Justourkids.com Kids.com aka Justourkids.com - I want my money back!!!!!! What rip off artists!!!! Cherry Hill New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: No need to rub it in!

*Consumer Suggestion: All you had to do was ask what you would receive for your money. You'd see that you'd get little or nothing of value.

*Consumer Comment: I agree Joleen, I too was also ripped off by the Cherry Hill office.

I have often been told my son should get into print photography, commercials ect....he has these blue eyes unlike any other I have ever seen, anyway - We saved the money my son received as gifts from his baptism.

I thought I had investigated the modeling field enough and it came down to Kids.com (what a mistake!) after listening to their what I think now, is a deceptive, luring speech, and shown pictures of "their" kids in Parenting magazine, and other print adds, we thought they were legitimate.

We paid the $595.00 up front. Afterwe went to "their" photograper and paid a $15.00 fee, my son's pix were posted weeks later on their website. Then in a couple of months we would get a letter in the mail stating "it's time to go back to the photographer to update the pix" so we would take him up there again, and pay another $15.00 fee.

We enrolled him in 2001 - NEVER got a phone call, nothing. I have to agree with the other parents - this is definitely a scam and a class action lawsuit needs to be filed, so those of us who were taken advantage of can get our money back. I am a single mother who seeks justice! Damn you Kids.com!!!!!!

Joleen
Levittown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2005 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kidscom-Aka-Justourkidscom/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08034/Kidscom-Aka-Justourkidscom-Kidscom-aka-Justourkidscom-I-want-my-money-back-Wha-132079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kids.com Aka Justourkids.com

No need to rub it in!

AUTHOR: Danielle - (U.S.A.)

Thanks for your obnoxious remarks Paul. But just because we fell for their scam doesn't mean they should be allowed to get away with it!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Here's how the conversation goes.

Hi, I'm interested in enrolling my child in your program. What exactly do you provide for the money?

Well, we place photos of your child on our website, so that prospective clients can choose the children they are interested in. Plus, we help you develop a portfolio of your child, to be used to market them to clients.

I'm sure the sales pitch spun a good tale of glory and fame and big money income. They probably had parents believing their kid was destined to be the next Brittney Spears.

Here's the thing. When you cut through all the bullshit and distill the whole deal down to its elements, what do you find?

You buy pictures. Your kid's photo is put on a web site. A public web site. Where pedophiles can pick and choose too. That's great!

How does this produce any paid work for the children? What potential clients are viewing the children? And, how much paid work has come from these marketing efforts?

The problem is that parents want to believe. Everybody thinks their kid is special. This is a real easy con to work. The money is fairly light. Plus, the parents are laydowns.

But, in essence, all you really get is some pictures and a photo on a web site. For $600. Certainly not my idea of a great deal. You can take your kid to Target and get better pictures for 10% of that.

Here's the real concept that everybody needs to walk away with.

The world is full of people with various needs and problems. For every one of those problems, there is somebody that claims to have the solution.

Think about it. Out of money? There's someone willing to lend you some. Car busted? There's a garage that claims to handle just what you need. Nose too big? There's a surgeon willing to chop it down to size.

No matter what your problem or need is, there is somebody that claims to have the solution to it.

What you, as a consumer, need to do is learn how to see the difference between the people with solutions, and those who only claim to have the solutions.

As you see, anyone can hang a shingle out in front of an office and claim they have the answer you have been searching for. Talk is easy.

Backing up that talk with real world results is a whole different matter.

Don't fall for big talk and fabulous claims. Before I spend one dime, I need to see proven results from past clients. And, I need to see something that makes sense.

Putting a child on a site with 1000 other kids just like him hardly seems like something that is destined to lead to any verifiable results. In fact, I'd venture to say that pedophiles probably pay more attention to these sites than any serious agency looking for children.

I doubt that's the result any parent was looking for!

AUTHOR: Danielle - (U.S.A.)

Kids.com is a rip off!!! I too was also ripped off by the Cherry Hill office. And I too want to get a class action law suit together. Please contact me Joleen. NBC 10 News (Philadelphia) ran my story today on the 5:00 news about this deceitful company, Kids.com. They should be ashamed of themselves making a living off parents who only want the best for their children. I do not know how they can lie on an everyday basis.