Complaint Review: Kids.com, LLC (www.justourkids.com)

• Submitted: Sat, September 14, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, September 14, 2002

• Reported By:New Berlin wi
Kids.com, LLC (www.justourkids.com)
186 Fairfield Road Fairfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

Kids.com, LLC www.justourkids.com Model agent rip off scam con artists Fairfield New Jersey

About one year ago I received a letter from Kids.com, I believe the organization received information about our daughter Hannah from a Boston Store photo contest. The letter stated that we should give them a call because they were very interested in our daughter. We called and an appointment was set up for July 14th, 2001 with a woman named Ginny Alberts. As new parents we were very excited. That day came and Ginny came to our house. Hannah passed her first test of not screaming when a stranger held her. So she continued with her interview. She gave us a good presentation(maybe too good). We thought Hannah was going to be a star.

We signed up on July 14th for $595.00 for a 5 year contract.
In August 2001we traveled for her first photo shoot to Chicago at Pyramid.
This place was not what we expected at all. The waiting room was the lunch room area, which wasn't clean, and had an overflowing garbage. We sat there in this small lunch room with 6 other adults and 3 kids, there was no where to sit and no changing rooms. On top of that the photographer was running over one hour behind. Ginny had also told us that this was a nice suburban part of town, obviously she hasn't been there. I will NEVER go there again.

I'm sending this letter to you after sending a letter to Ginny Alberts and I also talked to a Miss Henderson (Chicago office) about getting a refund of the rest of the money from the 5 year contract. This woman was very rude, she would not even talk to me about my concerns. I run a business myself and we do all we can to make our customers happy, contract or not. We are not asking for the full amount, I realize some has been used from her first photo shoot. I am hoping you will be able to help us.

Bob Johnson
New Berlin, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2002 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kidscom-LLC-wwwjustourkidscom/Fairfield-New-Jersey-07004/Kidscom-LLC-wwwjustourkidscom-Model-agent-rip-off-scam-con-artists-Fairfield-New-Jerse-29994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kids.com, LLC (www.justourkids.com)