Complaint Review: Kids.com Llc

• Submitted: Wed, May 21, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, May 21, 2003

• Reported By:Commack New York
Kids.com Llc
306 Broadway Lynbrook NY 11563 Fairfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

Kids.com Llc ripoff, deceptive business practices, ripoff consumer rip-off fraud deceptive company consumer fraud ripoff Fairfield New Jersey

I am a victim of Kids.com, aka National Talent Associates, deceptive business practices. My wife and I received a letter regarding my daughter. We made an appointment for an interview which went well of course. After being told of the two services offered, we went with the $595.00 service for 5 years. We then received a letter regarding where to go to have pictures taken of our daughter.

My wife and I ended up cancelling our photo appointment after I did some research on the old business, National Talent Associates. What I uncovered disturbed me, so for peace of mind my wife and I cancelled. I am luck only because we decided to cancel our agreement after 11 days or so with the company. I even spoke to the VP, Mr. Don Voight who stated to me that my reason for requesting a refund was silly and not good enough. That must mean a Dept. store can refuse to give you a refund simply because you reason that you don't like the item. Since when does one need a good reason to request a refund? My wife and I signed up on 4/4/03 and cancelled 4/16/03.

I researched that as part of a final injunction handed down in a New Jersey trial, it stated in the order that the company, at that time, NTA, could not refuse a refund if it received it within 10 business of the original agreement. I guess it only applies to National Talent Associates which still exists, as per Mr. Don Voight. I also see that a Mr. Bob Johnson from Wisconsin went through the same thing I did. I feel fortunate not to have went any further with Kids.com other than foolishly paying the $595.00.

The company is still selling false hopes and dreams to parents and young children and doesn't know how to do the right thing when someone requests money back. I guess that's because they really don't get a lot of actualy work for the children and rely on the services contracts they sell. I tried to dispute the charge with my credit card company to no avail. Please help. All I am asking for is my $595.00 back. My wife and I work too hard to be taken by inviduals with no honor, integrity, morals or dignity.

Jeffrey A
Commack, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2003 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kidscom-Llc/Fairfield-New-Jersey-07004/Kidscom-Llc-ripoff-deceptive-business-practices-ripoff-consumer-rip-off-fraud-deceptiv-57784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kids.com Llc