Complaint Review: Kim and Ashlee's Cakes & Cookies

• Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By: Steph — Alberta Canada
Kim and Ashlee's Cakes & Cookies
3514-13th Avenue Regina, Saskatchewan United States of America

Kim and Ashlee's Cakes & Cookies Business? Nope, just immature, rude girls taking peoples money. Regina, Saskatchewan

As explained previously by Vivian, our mother commissioned this cake months in advance, and had arranged for pick up at 10am, for our event at noon. At 9:50am, Kim and Ashlees called to ask if we could come later, as they had had issues with the humidity in the bakery and the cake was not ready. We told them that we were already en route, but could postpone until 10:20 or so.

My fianc and I arrived at the bakery at 10:20, and the two women we hurriedly touching up the hideous monstrosity. It was misshapen, cracked, discoloured and uneven.

After a moment of hesitation, I stated, Im not sure what my mother ordered, but I really dont think this is it. The response I received was, It's not meant to be a replica. It's just a representation." After pointing out a few of the flaws, the reply was then, "Well, if she doesnt like it, she can call us. To which I responded, Well, get your phone ready. [continued below]....
..... The cake was then placed in our car by the employee.

My mother was not impressed with the cake; nor was anyone else. In fact, it was the laughing stalk of the eventand we were left eating sheet cake from a grocery store. That cost an extra $125, and 45 minutes of my time. I was then late for our event.

My mom was eventually sent a snotty letter from Kim and Ashlees, stating that as both she and I were so rude, they were throwing $90 of gift certificates at us and hoping never to see, or hear from us again. We were not rude but this business is certainly untrustworthy, and unprofessional. After spending nearly $400 on the cake and on the back-up cake from the grocery store, they neednt worry. We wont be back. But we wont sit quietly, either!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2011 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kim-and-Ashlees-Cakes-Cookies/Regina-Saskatchewan-/Kim-and-Ashlees-Cakes-Cookies-Business-Nope-just-immature-rude-girls-taking-peoples-776921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kim and Ashlee's Cakes & Cookies