Complaint Review: Kimberlee Thorne

• Updated: Thu, December 09, 2010

• Reported By: Kimberlee Thorne — Brigham City Utah United States of America
Kimberlee Thorne
8200 Greensboro Drive McLean, Virginia United States of America

Small World Language Services He contacted me for a large "test" translation that I put one of my translators in charge of. Previous to that, he made me sign an NDA ,working agreement. He never confirmed receipt. The only reason McLean, Virginia

David Dastvar contacted me for a large "test" translation that I put one of my translators in charge of. Previous to that, he made me sign an NDA (working agreement). He never confirmed receipt. The only reason I agreed to do such a job was because of future work he promised. He called me on my phone on December 7, 2010 and promised that his government contracts would compensate this large "test" that I now believe was simply a free translation we provided him with.

I detected an accent when I spoke to him, and he told me he was from Iran. He pressured me into getting both the NDA and "test" translation (2,300 words) to him within the day, claiming that his client needed to compare other English to Spanish translations to secure long-term collaboration.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2010 04:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kimberlee-Thorne/McLean-Virginia-22102/Small-World-Language-Services-He-contacted-me-for-a-large-test-translation-that-I-put-o-669720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kimberlee Thorne