Complaint Review: Kindercare Learning Center

• Submitted: Sat, April 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, November 17, 2010

• Reported By:springfield Massachusetts
Kindercare Learning Center
Dwight Road Longmeadow, Massachusetts U.S.A.
  • Phone: 413-567-9264
  • Web:
  • Category: Teachers

Kindercare Learning Center i resently quit kindercare,due to many issues Longmeadow Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: i know how you feel

*Consumer Suggestion: Amazing

I have recently been employed for kindercare for a year and a half. during that time it has been hell.

They constently move kids from room to room, not in there age range. They have no working intercoms for teachers to call managment.even during emergencys. Managment is constently out of the building(shopping).

They are hiring new summer help when all full time teachers have to take days off. They dont take good care of children. Rules are simply disobeyed and ok for some teachers but not for others.

I was told that i have to work in the same room as my own child, when in the employee handbook it is strictly prohibbited.

The children there are not well cared for,Dirty at pick up. Teachers saying they don't know how an accident happened.

The art projects are to be laughed at, its a scribbled piece of paper. my son has not learned anything educational since hes been there. I taught my son how to write his name and they never practiced it so, now i have to start all over again.

A managments child was hurt at the daycare(badly) and is no longer going to the daycare, when another child asked why her child isnt coming she responded with - Because the teachers dont watch him.

I have never worked for a company that is so disorganized. None of managment knows what the other one is doing.

I just don't understand how a company like this can stay open for soooo long.

springfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2009 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kindercare-Learning-Center/Longmeadow-Massachusetts-01106/Kindercare-Learning-Center-i-resently-quit-kindercaredue-to-many-issues-Longmeadow-Massac-442888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kindercare Learning Center

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

i know how you feel

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

i know how you feel i worked for a kindercare in Portland oregon for about 18 months and it was pure hell. We were always over ratio in the mornings and they wouldnt hire anyone else to come in and help . they themsleves wouldnt come to the room if we called and said we were over. The parents were having to stay with thier kids until the next person came in. I found out i had cancer after working there for almost 1 year. I was treated very very poorly by the management ( like i had a cold) and even was hung up on by the assistant director when i had to call in sick one dayEven with cancer I came in almost everyday and worked harder than most of the people there who were healthy. Yet  the way i was treated was unbeleivable. The assistant director didnt rules that i knew and had to go look them up in the book. They were constantly moving kids from one room to another to another . The parents didnt know where to pick up thier kids. It was consant chaos. The cook wouldnt bring more food at lunch because there was no more supposedly. Only there was.. she was in the kitchen packing it up to take home. so , yes i know how you feel and it isnt just one kindercare from the looks of these complaints. I feel sorry for the kids who still attend any kindercare. anywhere.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: diverdan - (United States of America)

It never ceases to amaze me how former employees blame the company for things they did wrong.

"They are hiring new summer help when all full time teachers have to take days off."

Obviously this report was written by a disgruntled employee.

"They dont take good care of children." -- who is THEY.. aren't you the employee who was responsible for the care of the children

"The children there are not well cared for,Dirty at pick up"--So why didn't you do your job and take care of them..

"my son has not learned anything educational since hes been there."--interesting since you said he is in your room and your the one taking care of him and I guess teaching him.

Anyhow I think I made my point.. and no I am in no way affiliated with the center. I just find this medium to be so destructive to people and companies when someone can hide behind the internet and destroy reputations.

Why not tell us who you are and build credibility before trying to destroy others.