Complaint Review: Kindercare Learning Center

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 06, 2012

• Reported By:Manhattan Kansas
Kindercare Learning Center
1205 Hylton Heights Road Manhattan, Kansas U.S.A.

Kindercare Learning Center A teacher knocked my toddler over, made her cry, and laughed about it. Manhattan Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: Dont give up!

Because our older two children had been in Kindercare, and our experience with them was generally good, we put our youngest in at 18 months, as soon as there was an opening. The turnover in the toddler room was outrageous, to the point that we could rarely keep track of anyone's names. They touted their degrees in early childhood development, but when they complained that my daughter had started biting other children and could be dismissed for it, and I asked for suggestions, the response was "there's stuff on the internet." The last straw was when my husband walked in one day just as a teacher knocked my daughter (nearly two now) over, made her cry, and then laughed about it. The other teacher said, "I can't believe you just did that." I don't care how many degrees they have, if they don't have the patience to deal with small children, they should stay away from them. We've placed our child in home day care at less than half the price, and haven't had a single biting episode. I've tried for days, through the national website, to speak with a district manager, and have gotten nowhere. Whereas I once felt protected by the fact that Kindercare was a national organization, and presumably more accountable than a home daycare, with more checks and balances, it now seems that the national website is about like Microsoft help: it deflects responsibility with the hope that the claimant will eventually run out of energy to pursue the complaint. Though many of the teachers have been excellent, the center needs to be held accountable, especially when they're asking over $800 a month from us! They expressed not the least bit of care or concern when we pulled our daughter out. Doubtless they had some other poor fool on the waiting list.

Andalucia
Manhattan, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kindercare-Learning-Center/Manhattan-Kansas-66502/Kindercare-Learning-Center-A-teacher-knocked-my-toddler-over-made-her-cry-and-laughed-ab-425508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kindercare Learning Center

Dont give up!

AUTHOR: Laura - (United States of America)

Keep calling because those things are not okay. Ive worked in this company for a long time and have seriously blown up their phone lines until Ive gotten someone. But you are right in the face that they do not accept any responsibility for anything that happens inside the company. You were right to pull your children out of there!