Complaint Review: Kindercare

• Updated: Thu, September 06, 2012

• Reported By: Laura — Lenexa Kansas United States of America
Kindercare

Kindercare Sick employees Internet

I have worked at kindercare for  years now. Many years and 5 directors later....nothing has changed. I still get paid what I got paid when they hired me, Even though they are hiring people at a higher rate. The way they run a business is just ridiculous! If a child is sick they do not call their parents instead they wait until their parent gets to the center to tell them their child has been sick all day. If i was a parent I would be pissed off that my child has been sitting there miserable for the entire day, while getting the other children sick as well. This happens alllllll the time! As for the staff getting sick, dont even think about calling in. I was sick not to long ago and when I called to let my boss know I wouldnt be making it in that day Her words were "Go back to sleep and be here at 12." Im sorry..what? So I went to work...got sick the entire time I was there, in the children's bathroom, and Getting all the kids and the other staff members sick as well.
I just dont understand why when we are sick they want us there getting everyone else infected?Are we not suppose to be a clean and sanitary daycare? Wouldnt you want someone to stay home if they were sick? Guess not.

Ive read nothing good about kindercare all over the internet, you would think that they would want to fix these things to make it a better place to work. Truth is they really dont care, about the children, about the staff, about the parents. All they care about is the money.

Our playground has two play sets that are for infants, the older kids cant even play on them. The bikes they bought are all broken and the playground is littered with broken toys. All the balls are deflated and the children have nothing to do!
The food they serve for lunch is about the only good thing about this center. However the afternoon snack is always the same, ALWAYS! Its always animal crackers and juice. (Sometimes there isn't even juice...or milk....just tap water.) My kids wont even eat them anymore. I always have to find them something else just so they will eat snack and not be hungry.
All in all this business is just ridiculous. If you're looking for child care go to cannibarry, or Godard. Seriously you will pay the same price as kindercare only with way better service and care for your child. Take it from someone on the inside....stay WAY away from kindercare.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2012 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kindercare/internet/Kindercare-Sick-employees-Internet-937415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kindercare