Complaint Review: King Motors

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: JH — Lansing Michigan U.S.A.
King Motors
2305 East Kipp Road Mason, Michigan United States of America

King Motors Scott Held, Trent Subpar Repair Work Mason, Michigan

My dad recommended this mechanic to me because they do not charge for diagnostics and their labor rate is dirt cheap. It was only then that I found out why. This guy has either cost me time or money and on a major scale.

I had an old 1993 Blazer that had a leaky fuel line which I took in to this shop, and as it turns out he patched the fuel line with rubber hose that's designed for carburetors. That would be fine - if the truck had a carburetor (it's fuel injected)....and it doesn't take a master mechanic to read FOR NON-FUEL INJECTION ONLY in bold white letters on a black hose. The hose burst three times before this DB saw fit to install the proper grade materials, which left me on the side of the road twice....and then this guy has the nerve to not reimburse me for the few gallons of fuel I lost due to his shadetree repair work....to his credit he didn't charge me for all the times I had to take it back to him.

But this is where it gets interesting. The Blazer dies of old age with 218K miles on it, so I junk it and buy a 1988 Mercedes 190E that he acquired that seemed to be in good shape.....oh how little did I know. It had age-related issues with it (alternator went out, lower front ball joints failed) which he fixed properly....but the hard wired GM starter switch (lock tumbler not the switch itself from what I can tell)

he cobblejobbed into the dash (along with completely wrecking the plastic trim and puttying it up, such a classy guy), along with the bridged fuses and damaged light and fan relays have been a pure nightmare for me over the past few months. I now have a 3500 pound lawn ornament because of this guy's redneck electrical work...my dad and I try to get him to fess up as to what he did to the vehicle and, conveniently, he can never remember. If I had a legal foot to stand on with this clown, I'd sue this fool into oblivion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/King-Motors/Mason-Michigan-/King-Motors-Scott-Held-Trent-Subpar-Repair-Work-Mason-Michigan-933172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on King Motors