Complaint Review: King Ryan Events

Hollywood, California Internet United States of America

King Ryan Events Dropyourtalent FAKE FAKE! MAKES FALSE PROMISES Internet

*Consumer Comment: Former Client

*Consumer Comment: King Ryan Events Is Indeed A Scam

*Consumer Comment: GET REAL!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Great Experience with King Ryan

*Author of original report: King Ryan SCAM ARTIST!!

*Consumer Comment: "BEST in The West!"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: King Ryan Events helps musicians

*Author of original report: FAKE FAKE FAKE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: King Ryan Events is legitimate

this agency king ryan events is a scam! They charge you hundreds of dollars to perform infront of other "contestants" so they can hire B list celebs at best to show up to make people think they are going to promote you OR SIGN YOU!!. Don't fall for it! For record labels to want you you have to be solicited material AND you have to have LEGAL REPRESENTATION! It's the law no company can release or promote any person/material unless it is copywritten and registered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/King-Ryan-Events/internet/King-Ryan-Events-Dropyourtalent-FAKE-FAKE-MAKES-FALSE-PROMISES-Internet-573522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on King Ryan Events

Former Client

AUTHOR: Rock Band - ()

I AGREE with you 100 percent and with more people like you and me they will be stopped. I signed up for their event just to see if what I was being told was a lie and when I got there everything was a lie except the venue itself. For them to take advantage of artist this way is FOUL. I researched the so called reps and judges and one of them was parked next to me in a 2009 nissan???? And he was supposedly a guy that did RHIANNA, TPAIN, JAYZ etc. Really so I wrote them a letter and told them that I had more online credits than their judges..LOL and I sent them MY links. I am disappointed there are companies out here like this and ALL artists that care about their careers need to be aware of this.

And also during the time I signed up they mustve called me thousands of times to make sure my MONEY would be in ontime. Also you will not get half of you ticket sales back either so I advise any artist to stay far AWAY FROM KING RYAN ENTERTAINMENT and go directly to the lables yourself or go to House of Blues or any of their other venues at the JOYNT in Chicage and throw your own event. This is a SCAM and should be treated like one!!!!!

King Ryan Events Is Indeed A Scam

AUTHOR: James Tate - ()

Back in 2012 me and a friend participated at a live music showcase in florida, to keep it simple, we were mislead. First, we never got our commission back. To whomever that may reply, you know nothing about my situation so positive or negative it is all opinion. Secondly the who "fanbase" thing is nonsense. Point blank my group was the best, if you are familiar with the event in 2012 and you know Orlandos most notorious promoter who booked us for countless events afterwards by the name of "G Live" than you know or can ask him or anyone in the underground usic scene who really won & they will tell you. I hve to admit that I myself was a sore loser but my partner made an interesting point. To make people think that it is about talent they give the winnings to the person who knew the most people and whomever had the most guest. No one at those shows have real fans, if so why hasnt a break through artist rose from King Ryan Events? Its because they dont go off of talent only by how many people show. We are from New Orleans so only my mom & his mom showed. But if this was in Chopper City (New Orleans), we would have. It is all a psychological thing with these people. They are liars & manipulators all chasing the All Mighty Dollar.

GET REAL!!!!

AUTHOR: GAPeach3000 - ()

OH PUHLLLLEEEEZZZZEEE!!! Bitterness over WHAT???? This event is a SCAM! Here it is 2013 and King Ryan is still pulling the same s--t, selling false dreams and requiring participants to pay $300 and the venue hasnt even been rented!!! On the official website it has them in L.A on May 18 but they are posting ads on Atlanta Craigslist that there are coming to Atlanta on May 18 and I got offcial emails from them saying they'll be in Atlanta yet the event is a month away and the venue has not been rented! No artists has not made it to the top and became known through these events! AR's have done NOTHING but count the cash from dupes! SCAM!!!!!

Great Experience with King Ryan

AUTHOR: enelb - (United States of America)

I have performed in a couple of King Ryan Events showcases and have never been disappointed. Though I was told I had to sell tickets to perform, I've found that it's a pretty typical requirement, especially considering I was able to talk with and give my music and press kit to label A&R from Universal and Warner.

I think the bitterness from other performers comes from not having a strong fan base or because they are not willing to work for their goals. I would highly recommend King Ryan Events showcases, they really are a great opportunity and i've made great contacts from the shows alone.

King Ryan SCAM ARTIST!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

No I have three Grammys and have had four gold records I don't do talent shows. Not being egotisticle just honest.

you get YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! I have given LEGITIMATE Contact information to A&R's where is your list?? That's what I thought!

Claiming to be the BEST IN THE WEST, JIBBER JABBER NONSENSE, IS STILL NOT PRESSING THE ISSUE HERE AT STAND!

THESE SO CALLED SHOWCASES IS A WAY OF SELLING FALSE DREAMS!! These so called A&R I have done my research on, they are NOBODIES!!! A BUNCH OF D-LIST CATS!!!

I don't have to prove anything, the proof is in the pudding... ANYONE can contact these record labels, and EVERYONE SINGLE RECORD COMPANY CAN VERIFY YOUR SHOWCASES ARE A SCAMMMMMMM!! Sorry! It's the truth!

"BEST in The West!"

AUTHOR: The Lost Angel Crew - (United States of America)

To The Person Who Posted Against King Ryan Events...I am truely sorry that you are not as successful and motivated as Ryan. I am sorry that you lack inteligence and need to use MY Show flyer as your back drop. Ryan and his team are Extremely Talented and Professional. If you have worked with Ryan, you have maybe been invited to his home, to his events or his Famous Birthday Bash. If you have not had the pleasure of working with King Ryan Events, I highly recommend you do so. As a Booker and Promoter all over the U.S., I have met plenty of "Fakes", Ryan is Far From That..Get your Facts Straight! Then See If YOU Deliver as King Ryan Events does...Odds are, you will NOT!

Signed,

Scott Cich

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

King Ryan Events helps musicians

AUTHOR: King Ryan Events - (United States of America)

King Ryan Events promoted Diddy's Grammy Awards after party and the Super Bowl at the Playboy Mansion.... King Ryan Events has relationships with a alot of record labels and we try to introduce musicians to the record labels. We are not going to stop our showcases because they are extremely beneficial to musicians.... you can ask some people yourself.... recently, the Examiner  www.examiner.com (search King Ryan Events) posted an article with an interview from Terrence Nelson of Universal Music Group about what it takes for musicians to get signed.

King Ryan Events is OFFICIAL and we congratulate all of the signees that we have helped over the years. The A&R representatives that come to our shows are looking for new talent. Unfortunately, some people don't get signed and generally those are the people that are bitter at us for not getting signed. If you want advice on how to get signed you can email Atlantic Records A&R representative/consultant Jeff Blue at jeff.blue@sbcglobal.net and because of our relationship with Jeff and Atlantic Records.... he will walk you through the steps necessary to further your career

FAKE FAKE FAKE

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I agree this agency is a SCAM!!! They tried to charge my band $400 to compete against other talent!!! The label companies and these so called A&R's CLAIM to sign you, are a bunch of B-listers that don't really matter!!

90% of the time record labels such as Interscope, Aftermath, and Jive HAVE NO IDEA these events are taking place!!! The list of so called "signed" artists from these competitions HAVE NOT come out with any singles, or have done anything. More than half of that list is struggling trying to make ends meat. This is a fact, because 3 on that list I know!! SO STOP LYING TO THESE PEOPLE!!! YOU WILL GET SHUT DOWN!!! We are spreading the word across myspace music, facebook and twitter!!!!

STOP THE SCAM!!!!!!!!

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

King Ryan Events is legitimate

AUTHOR: King Ryan Events - (United States of America)

King Ryan Events doesn't offer to sign artists to record label contracts... we simply hold showcases and invite record label A&R's that are scouting talent to come and see the shows. Not all of the artists that are in our shows get signed to a record label contract. But many of our showcase artists have gotten management contracts, record label contracts, concert tours, great media exposure, and more!

Here are some of the representative from record labels that have come to our events:

Terrence Nelson, Archie Davis, & Kevin Morgan of Universal Music Group