Complaint Review: Kingsdown Mattress

• Submitted: Fri, March 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 03, 2006

• Reported By:Carrollton Texas
Kingsdown Mattress
United States ??, Texas U.S.A.

*Consumer Comment: In all fairness

Hello all. I would like to share my experience with Kingsdown Mattress Company.

I purchased the mattress just over a year ago and for the past 6 months I've been waking up with excrusiating back pain. Last night was absolutely TERRIBLE!

According to their advertisements this Mattress (the Exquisite) is supposed to form to your body and bounce back to normal (foam pillow top-pretty thick).

When I first got it I was in love with it! But now it's getting so bad that I'm going to have to buy a new one.

So I called customer service about a week ago and they sent out a technician. He came out, stayed for about three minutes, didn't say two words to me and left. I never hear back from them.

So I called today to find out what was going on. The customer service rep on the phone was nice enough but he told me the technician said the bed frame was broken and the mattress was too unsanitary to touch because of a few stains.

My question is, how did he determine the mattress was unsanitary? Furthermore if it's too unsanitary to touch, how did he determine that everything was functioning properly?

I asked the Customer Service manager about this and he basically told me that I bought a low quality Mattress even though I spent about $1500 on it. It isn't "right" for my body and there is a "breaking in" period then the mattress becomes softer so that is why it was comfortable at first.

I then asked him how the technician determined that it was "unsanitary". He said because of the staining.

The staining? Hahahaha. I own a carpet cleaning company and we deal with matress cleaning on a regular basis. I know what staining is but this is not staining, it's waterdamage from having water spilled on cotton causing a browning to it. My wife has spilled both coffee and water on the bed several times. I've told her not to do this. What the manager was refering to was the water damage marks.

So apparently this voids the warranty. But that still doesn't explain why I'm waking up in excrusiating pain every night. He then tried to tell me they can't be responsible for medical problems. Can they be responsible for causing medical problems? I asked. My back never hurt before I got this mattress. Plus, one of my best friends is a chiropractor and I get adjustments on a regular basis.

So I asked him what he suggests I do, throw the mattress away and buy a new one? He then tells me I should look into a different model because they are the "top of the line" manufacturers.

So I told him I'm switching back to waterbeds.

Anyway, I told him I'd spread the word about Kingsdown Mattresses to everyone I could, especially my customers. This is the first step.

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2006 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kingsdown-Mattress/-Texas-75001/Kingsdown-Mattress-RIPOFF-DOES-NOT-HONOR-WARRANTY-CLAIMS-LUXURY-MATTRESS-DISHONEST-TECHNI-179106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kingsdown Mattress

In all fairness

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Chris, any mattress manufacturer is going to automatically void the warranty when if there are any stains on the mattress. It is in you paperwork for the mattress.

If there were no stains, they probably would've treated you differently.

My advice to you would be to dump the mattress AND the wife, and get replacements for both!